New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi village girl,
in which village are you living? I also leave in a small village near Plovdiv, maybe same as yours?
I'd be please to meet you if you wish too... I arrived in Plovdiv few months ago with my husband and my baby.
See you!

Hello Ju Bey,

We are about 30 kilometers north of the city. I cannot use the personal message feature on the forum yet, as I do not have enough posts. If you are able, pm me and we can make arrangements to meet.

Regards,
VillageGirl

I can't pm you neither because it says you desabled your private messages!! Strange... you can send me an email to beyssatj(at)yahoo (dot) fr it will be easier!

Dear VG,
Hi, I do not quite understand how this platform works, my private messaging is set to on and I just changed so my email address so it shows.

My email is [email protected]
skype is lawrence.neisler

I have been to Banya, Karlovo, and Kalofer, found a dream house on the web near the winery in Starocel for so little compared to the US, but will live in Plovdiv. I already have an office one block from the McDonalds in the center.

Best,

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

Small world--if it's the house I'm thinking of, it has been sold and we know the buyer. 

Anyway, will be in touch.

Is that the McDonald's on the walking street?

As you may be aware, at the moment the weather is MUCH milder in Plovdiv than it is in Chicago. :)

Hello I'm mags from Ireland (Belfast) Ive been holidaying in Bulgaria for 8 yrs but decided to come now February and see what it is like in winter, I regret not learning the lango I wish you well I am in sunny beach if I can be off any help let me know

Good luck

Also Lawrence if by off chance you need administration staff let me know, I worked for civil service for sometime and also worked in international marketing for Pwc

Hi Maggie,
It's possible I may need help at some point, I will continue to work for my US based clients as well as seek new clients in Europe.

Hello Lawrence, Hello VG,

do you both have an email adress so that we can communicate more easily through emails ? It would be great to meet us in Plovdiv or nearby!

Have a nice day.
Julie

For security reasons please do not post private contact details like email addresses etc on an open forum. You should use the PM system
If this is not working then just go to the bottom of this page,  click on 'contact us' and explain the problem.

Hi All,

I introduce myself as Jodie, hoping to talk to people who either plan to visit Bulgaria this year, people who live there and also others that have bought land there.

I want to hear your stories and maybe plan to meet up xx

kristiann wrote:

Hello Daiime,

If learning Bulgarian is important for your work/life he you can check Accent Language School, they are know to be the best in this fiel, though they work mainly with corporate clients I think.

While I get by without knowing Bulgarian, I think it's a real shame to live in a foreign country without knowing the language. And well, it would be great to communicate more with my in-law parents, hah. Accent Language School seems nice, maybe I'll give it a go, thanks :)

sithrica wrote:

Well I think you should not be shy , I am working for a IT company as system engineer and believe me the fact that you do not have technical skills is not big problem actually in the company where I am ( mb the biggest IT company in BG ) , more than 60% do not have technical background connected to IT - softskills are more important in their case. The fact that you speak ( and here i can see also that BG who pretend to master french do not ... )a scare langage here  is great advantage. You re native scandinavian .I know that SWE-NO-DK are like brother langage ,FYI -  I tried to learn swedish for some time.  Give a try , you have nothing to loose , I rather think that also you can be pampered ( foreigner from western countries have some bonus for the sympathy) by your management .
Good Luck.

Went for a job interview yesterday which is a 50/50 Norwegian/English job in customer service, so fingers crossed now :) And no experience was needed either, which is great. You are right too, the Scandinavian languages are pretty close! I think the analogy would be that a Bulgarian will understand Macedonian, but not write it flawlessly, which is the case with me and Swedish (men svenska är sköj!) Had no idea about the sympathy part however - interesting!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to point out here that this thread has been created for the new members to give a brief introduction about themselves and their expatriation project.

I believe you will all agree with me that if everyone starts a new discussion on this same thread and several members reply to different discussions on the one and only thread, it will be extremely difficult to get any useful information from it.

For any new topic that you wish to discuss about, please feel free to create a new topic on the Bulgaria forum and thus keep this thread on the introductions only.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

You were asking about taxs in Bulgaria I have very good lawyer here who has helped me over the yrs with few thing ,she's now a great friend if she can be of any help let me know and I will pass you her details

Hi this is ejaz from Pakistan, just arrived in sofia and looking for Pakistani Community .

I think thats all for the time.

Good

Hello  ejaz,

Welcome to Expat-Blog...:)

Can you please tell us what you are doing in Bulgaria and what are your experiences?

If you are looking for Pakistani, I suggest to go on the page Pakistani expatriates in Sofia.

Thank you
Yuveshen

My name is margaret and me and my partner lived in bulgaria for 4years then my partner became ill on return to u.k.so have not been back to Bulgaria for 2years.we enjoyed our time in bulgaria.we lived near yambol.due to partners illness will only be able to come over when weather not to hot or to cold.

Hi everybody,
I'm Atef From Egypt I live in Bulgaria since 6 months ago ..I want make new friends
thanks,

Hello Atef, welcome and best wishes.
I like your Snowman very cool! (get it cool)
Hope you meet new friends and enjoy your life in BG swapping Egyptian sun for BG snow, though it does warm up nicely late spring through to summer/autum.
Cheers Steve.

thank you very much Steve for you reply to me actually I liked Bulgaria as quit and cool place just a matter of time to fine some good friends :)

HI I AM a new Member here we spend our summers in Sunnybeach fly into Plovdiv this June that's a lovely town hope to see a show at the Roman  theatre  and perhaps a trip to Assenovgrad. Are you in a nice village . thanks Bill

Hi bill,
Do you plan to move to Plovdiv or only tourist visit? I live there with my familly and it's a very nice town.

If you want some info or if you want to meet somewhere don't hesitate to send a private message.

Bye.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462007

Thanks!

Closed