Zimbabwean been in the UK for over 5 years...

my daughter and I came to live in the UK in 2009. We have found it quite difficult to settle down here, mainly because the weather is so much colder but also the people seem to be so different! We are used to just popping in to see friends, being much more casual about life and not so wary about everything...it seems that here, people are much more guarded and not so easy to make friends with?

A bit sad to read a post like this... Where are you come from? What do you mean by "guarded"?

I will move to UK from Hong Kong this year too...

come originally from Zimbabwe...my post was'nt meant to be sad, I was just kind of making the point that the people here are not that friendly and that the weather is not so nice either...when the sun shines it's Amazing though because everyone seems Happy!!

(Moderated: asked to be removed by the author )

Sihle wrote:

Moderated: asked to be removed by the author

Dear Sihle,
I'm sorry that you find us Brits distant, however, from a caring Brit - I don't think that posting your phone number is a good idea. May be worth removing it and private messaging each other,
Chuckle Butty

Hello Miss Chuckle_butty,
I think you just hit the nail on the head! You see, with all due respect, you are cautioning someone on the issue of a tel. no., whereas we are far more trusting and open with one another...you've just highlighted differences in our respective cultures. We tend to be much more chilled and relaxed about things, and that's what makes it so difficult for us here. At the end of the day, it's not about right & wrongs, we just have to accept and adjust if we want to live here, but it;s not easy....

pms1707 wrote:

Hello Miss Chuckle_butty,
I think you just hit the nail on the head! You see, with all due respect, you are cautioning someone on the issue of a tel. no., whereas we are far more trusting and open with one another...you've just highlighted differences in our respective cultures. We tend to be much more chilled and relaxed about things, and that's what makes it so difficult for us here. At the end of the day, it's not about right & wrongs, we just have to accept and adjust if we want to live here, but it;s not easy....

Dear pms1707
Not posting personal details is basic etiquette on ALL websites, the world over. It's not a British 'thing', it's common sense.
Chuckle Butty

I know and thus wat were doing sometimes life is al about compromising and i think i made a mistake really all I wantedto do was to send my reply to right person but i realised after, i should not have sent it to the entire exapts

I know and thus wat were doing sometimes life is al about compromising and i think i made a mistake really all I wantedto do was to send my reply to right person but i realised after, i should not have sent it to the entire exapts

Will u plz help me remove my number or if possible delete everything that I wrote

For security reasons it is not wise to post any personal contact details like phone numbers, email addresses, FB accounts etc on an open forum as this may make you vulnerable to spammers/hackers
Use the PM system to send such details to others.

Hi everyone,

Like Chuckle Butty and Stumpy said, we always advise all the members not to post their personal details on a public forum as everybody can have access to these information.

Thank you all to note this very important point. :)

Regards

Priscilla
Expat.com team