Visit Visa for Oman

Hi Sumitran. Well first of all many thanks to you for resolving queries of different people up to their curiosity. I want to know if I have to get the visit visa for My father in Oman, when can I apply for that whether after getting my resident card or while siting in India also. What are the documents required for that and will there b any requirement for his medical check up according to GAMCA.
How long will it take to have the visit visa in my hands and how much gap is required to re-enter in Oman once the visit visa is expired.

Thanks in advance.

Hi abhi5us,

To apply for a visit visa, you have to be registered expatriate – so a resident card is essential.

Only passport copies and passport size photographs are required, along with some routine application forms which your employer would have to fill, sign and seal. For everything your employer's approval would be required as a local sponsor is a must.

For a visit visa no medical reports are required.

If all papers are in place the visa should get issued within a matter of a couple of days.

Regarding the time gap required between each visit there is some ambiguity lately. Better to have it clarified with your company PRO for the latest on that.

Good luck.

Thanks Sumitran noted your valuable advice. One more thing about family joining visa, will there b a need for medical check up of my 4 year old daughter.

Hi abhi5us,

No, there won't be. In fact, there is no resident card issued to children under 18-years of age (after 18-years, they cannot be on family joining visa any longer and would have to get their own resident card).

Thanks Sumitran!
One more query how long will it take to get my resident card and after getting the same how long will it take to get family joining visa for my wife and daughter. I mean once I get landed in Oman within how much time my family can join me.

abhi5us wrote:

Thanks Sumitran!
One more query how long will it take to get my resident card and after getting the same how long will it take to get family joining visa for my wife and daughter. I mean once I get landed in Oman within how much time my family can join me.

Hi abhi5us,

You can get your resident card within even a week to a fortnight depending on how agile your employer is. But when you enter the Sultanate your passport will be stamped that you need to register yourself within 30 days of your arrival.

For family joining visa, you would have to first spend 6 continuous months working here. There are some exceptions to this rule.

If you are eligible to apply and if all paperwork is done correctly getting the family joining visa issued for your immediate family would not take more than a week maximum.

What are those exceptions Sumitran, I am an Accounts Professional. Also advice some of the good insurance company for health insurance of my father as my company would be paying health cost for me and my family.

Hi abhi5us,

I wouldn't know about the exceptions, since there is nothing fixed.

Many insurance companies offer medical insurance services here.

You must contact them directly with your requirements and strike the best deal.

Hi Sumitran!

Sorry for disturbing again n again. Pl. tell me if I can get family joining visa during pregnancy of my wife. If not should I apply for a visit visa than?

abhi5us wrote:

Hi Sumitran!

Sorry for disturbing again n again. Pl. tell me if I can get family joining visa during pregnancy of my wife. If not should I apply for a visit visa than?

Yes, you can.

Hello Sumitran,

Recently I have heard about a new requirement regarding family visa, an apostiled marriage certificate is a must for getting family visa. Is it true?

abhi5us wrote:

Hello Sumitran,

Recently I have heard about a new requirement regarding family visa, an apostiled marriage certificate is a must for getting family visa. Is it true?

Hi abhi5us,

You may have heard about it recently, but it is a very old requirement. In fact, it is the first primary document which is required for applying for a family joining visa.

Why don't you read more about it in the forum where all the processes and procedures have been explained in much detail.