Teaching english in japan with no degree, possible?

I'm from america but currently living and teaching in beijing china. I have over two years experience teaching english here, but no college degree. Is it at all possible to find a teaching job without a degree? I attended tufts university in boston for two years part-time while at the same time graduating from the school of the museum of fine arts. but understandably its just a diploma of completion from a studio art school.

hey,how has teaching been out there in china?

Hello Orkst and welcome to Expat.com :)
Maybe you could give it a try to post an ad in the Teaching  jobs section of Japan's Classifieds?
Good luck

hey, that is a good idea, would I need any qualification's apart from my GCSE's to teach English? I am just starting college this year studying various subjects so I wont be able to get a visa for another 2 years as i am only 16. I am a Englishman and I want to move to Japan an learn the language, it would be really cool to teach others English after I have learned Japanese.

I could definitely say the competition in Japan in the field of English teaching is tough, but at the same time the market is enormous as due to my observation, more than half of all the Japanese are studying or planning to study English. I hope this site will be useful: Find a Teacher.
Also, I am writing a blog on similar topics, please, visit it if you have the time:
Japan through the eyes of a European

It is certainly possible, although most companies do require a four year degree. However, I have seen some that are more slack on this, and with your experience, they may ignore that you don't have a degree.

The thing to do is to go through jobs and companies and check the prerequisites. Gaijinpot is a good place to start, as is googling "teach english in Japan" or "english teaching Japan," etc.

I've had a lot of luck through teacher-student.com -pretty much signed up with over 40 private students from the last two years.  The coordinators are very nice and it's a great way to keep a flexible schedule.

Good luck!

u know any school where i can teach italian ?

Not that easy, but possible. You have to accept the fact that most schools are going to take the teacher with the degree, because that's what you really need. How would you get a visa there?

Hi I'm Airen, searching for job in japan,..I like tutorial teaching English, I'm graduate bachelor in education........ I'm been teaching almost 5 months, in a year, another 5months.

airen chavez wrote:

Hi I'm Airen, searching for job in japan,..I like tutorial teaching English, I'm graduate bachelor in education........ I'm been teaching almost 5 months, in a year, another 5months.

OMG!

If you're teaching English, learn some first.
I have a picture in my mind of William Shakespeare spinning in his grave whilst vomiting at your post.
It's very messy, as is your English.