Rotary International Clubs

Hi,

I have recently moved to Reunion from England, where I was a member of Rotary Club of Thetford.

I would like to continue my membership of Rotary International with one of the local clubs (St. Pierre or Le Tampon area).  is anyone a fellow member or know of people who are current members?

If you can assist me, it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jason

hi jason,

i happen to know people from the 3 clubs :Tampon st pierre, entre deux- st pierre, pierrefonds st pierre.!
if you want i can introduce you to them and see which one suits you best.

hey jason this could be great to pick up some french!! ;)

let me know when you're ready;

christ

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, it would be much appreciated if you could introduce me to the people you know.

Had some great times in the Thetford club I am a member of and would love to continue it here.

you are right, I also think it will help me with learning French

Hope you are well

J.

hi, in guess you know how it works!

if you are a member ot the Thetford club it's easier ...

the saint pierre pierrefonds club meets on tuesday at around 6.... so if you are ok i can call them and ask if it's possible to join them next Tuesday.

The saint-pierre entredeux club meets on Thursday at the end of the day. it's a recent club!!

i'm trying to get in touch with saint- pierre tampon and as soon as i am sure and have a positive answer , i"ll let you know!

but if you don't mind i'd like to meet you first so that i check my understanding of your accent and am not ridiculous in front of them!! :D
i'll send you my phone number later!

christ

Christ

That is fine with me.

Will send a message shortly with my number.

Regards

Jason

Hi
I am currently in Reunion and attended the weekly meeting of the RC of ST GILLES LES BAINS.  They meet Thursdays 1800 at the ARCHIPEL HOTEL, ST GILLES.
You can definitely join them.  I am from the RC Mahebourg in Mauritius myself

Hey zivess,

we haven't been introduced... :/  this doesn't mean that i should know everyone who pops in!at least if we could know a little bit ... it would be nice of you. :top: all the newcomers are invited to do so! :cheers:

by the way thank you for your post

is the RC st gilles les bains bilingual? or do some people speak some basic english? if so it could be very interesting for Jason.

best regards,
christ

Zivess, 

Many thanks for your message.  Its always nice to meet other fellow Rotarians.

As Christ mentioned in her message, it would be useful if the club was bilingual or that some members spoke a little English, as I am complete beginner with learning French.

Hello all
I am Jeevesh, Rotarian from RC Mahebourg.
Currently in Reunion for a few days for professional reasons
Nice to know you all

Yes, St Giles has bilingual members. We are currently preparing for our district conference in Mauritius, so Jason maybe you could join us then as well.

You can find more on the club on their website and they are a fantastic bunch of people!

Best

Jeevesh

Hi,

Do you have a link to the website?

District conference sounds appealing. :D

Regards

Jason

Hello
Sure
facebook.com/rotarysaintgilles?fref=ts

Yes, and it will be an excuse to visit Mauritius.

Thank you for the brief introdution.

this is interesting! jason, this is a good way to visit Mauritius while attending the district conference!! :top:

is Reunion island part of district 9220? I mean are all the clubs from la reunion part of the same district?

i went on the site of district 9220 and didn't find the ones from st pierre.... :/ this is weird!!

regards,

christ

I had the same thoughts on the conference.  :)

Christ, will you be going to any more of the evenings which Sheila is arranging?

of course jason!!!

as long as i receive a warm welcome!!! :D