Organic farms

I have been spending time in Lentag. Although only one hour South of Cuenca it is warmer and 2500ft lower. I rent on an organic farm that supplies my food free with rent. I get eggs, honey, fruits vegtables all delivered to my door..I travel back to Cuenca once a week for the food or a movie. This trip only costs S3.00 and is a very nice getaway.
Anyone interested in organic food can look this farm up on web site at livethelifeinecuador.com
I welcome any questions as I an starting construction on a new home next month. Dennis

dennisb wrote:

Lentag. Although only one hour South of Cuenca it is warmer and 2500ft lower. I rent on an organic farm that supplies my food free with rent.... I welcome any questions as I an starting construction on a new home next month. Dennis

What is your family's monthly cost of living on the free-food-with-rent program, and what will the montly nut become when your home is built....

from the site, didn't see anything about farm, except estate...

I pay 600 per month. My new house will cost 40$ per ft plus lot. I am buying an irrigated lot for 60k. I feel I can be set up for life around 130 k.

dennisb wrote:

Although only one hour South of Cuenca it is warmer and 2500ft lower.  I am starting construction on a new home next month. Dennis

Reader, give yourself a 28-second mini-vacation for the eyes, by going to the website mentioned -- livethelifeinecuador.com ...

You'll see a 7-slide show -- each image lasting four seconds, dissolving into the next, etc. -- that features some of the beauty of rural Ecuador, with exceptional outdoor photography.

I found the surf scene, the mountainside shot and the cloudforest image expecially compelling.

cccmedia in Quito

This post is not an endorsement of the offerings of Live the Life, Torrin Brauch, or the 50 percent financing program.

Good luck in building your new home, Dennis.

netbean wrote:

from the site, didn't see anything about farm...

Scroll down to Activities and choose Gardening and Fruit Trees, Netbean.

That brings you to a slide show with 24 images, and on the right are the Lentag office's contact numbers and email address.

This section can also be reached by going to:

livingthelifeinecuador.com(forward-slash)activities(forward-slash)gardening-and-fruit-trees

Elsewhere off the main site is a list of many of the fruits and vegetables grown, and a statement that such can be purchased and delivered as far away as Cuenca.

I am a Global Agro-Ecology Consultant and will be in Ecuador later this year on meetings around sustainable organic agriculture. Maybe I will have time to visit and see what you are up to. And to see if there is any possible synergies or collaboration potential.

regards

Paul Modde

skype   mrnatural7

MrNatural wrote:

I am a Global Agro-Ecology Consultant and will be in Ecuador later this year on meetings around sustainable organic agriculture. Maybe I will have time to visit and see what you are up to.

In what EC cities will your meetings be taking place, Mr. Nat....

"Don't be fooled by the words organic or natural.  Doesn't mean it's nutritious or healthy."
     -- Mr. Natural

Is there any organic food markets in Cuenca?

I see folks are getting very creative with their real estate sales pitches.

lale4 wrote:

Is there any organic food markets in Cuenca?

For best results, please re-post your question to our crack team of Cuenca experts at the thread "unofficial web page of the greater Cuenca expat community."

To navigate over there, type the name of the Cuenca thread into the Search Expat.com box normally seen at the top of this page, and then click on the search icon to the right of said box.

I found a better place here after months search, to build a farm, organic, permaculture. I hope to have a partner to do it together. If you have interest to invest it, please contact me.

netbean wrote:

I found a better place...after months search, to build a farm, organic, permaculture.

What!!

You would leave Guayaquil?;)

you are right. I always like to live in countryside or small town, but close to city, for future market.