Advice about my land in Bulgaria

:) I'm a newbie and need some helpful advice about my land in Bulgaria,
It's agricultural and I want to apply for building regulations, how do I go about this and what's the rough cost

Can anyone help?

Hi Jojo2015!,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Bulgaria forum.

Thank you.

If your land is allocated for agriculture, you can change its status and use it for building residential, industrial, holiday or any other type of buildings. The process takes between 1.5 – 2 years time and involves significant paperwork.

If your eventual property in Bulgaria is in an area protected by the National Institute for Monuments of Culture (NIMC)  then special approval of your designs is required from them before the building works can proceed. If the NIMC is involved, the approval process will be longer and more complicated. Your architect should be able to advise you on this.

You may find some architects might advise against seeking approval from the NIMC but you are strongly advised to follow all necessary procedures, despite the time and any financial costs entailed, that is the legal way and in this way you will avoid any future troubles.

Hi there and welcome to the forum
The cost depend of the area and the municipality so I don't think anyone car answer to this but how to go about is just simple, it a land that you need to regulat so you need to go to the Architect of the municipality, he's the one who does it.
I did that few years ago it was 4000sqm and I paid then 400 Lev because our municipality is very cheap compare to others.
Good luck