Want to know about places to visit in Mumbai.

Hi friends ,
I am coming to India in February with my thirteen years old son , he wants go to Mumbai so that he can meet or see Bollywood stars there and he wants to go and watch Comedy Nights with  Kapil Sharma shooting too. Is it possible ?
If somebody can help me telling the Idea about the place where we can see some Bollywood stars will be great for me .
We will spend three or four days in Mumbai. So we can visit other places as well .
Advise me some must visit places in Mubai please.

Have nice time
Anita S

You can contact mumbaifilmcitytours 2 Hours Guided Tour
Right Inside Film city Goregoan  :)

Thanks a lot my friend ! I will contact them.
Good day dear .

:top:

Anita S Sharma wrote:

Thanks a lot my friend ! I will contact them.
Good day dear .

MTDC has a Bollywood Tour package. Pl. check with at India Tourism Office opp. Churchgate Station. Also for site seeing group tours you may consider Carnival Travel etc.

Hi Naval ,
Thanks for the information, can you advise some places just to know local Mumbai ?
It will be a fun to see authentic Mumbai streets too.

Have good day !

Hi Anit,

Did not understood your query. What are you looking for ? If you meant street food you should visit Juhu Beach for various dishes but is in North Mumbai near Vile Parle / Andheri. In South Mumbai you will find street food stalls opp. Capitol Cinema.and behind Income Tax office.  .

Thanks Naval,
It will definitely helpful for me to make my son have some new Mumbai snacks.

Have a nice day !
Anita S

Take a trip to Colaba while you are in Mumbai. The Gateway to India is there. A wonderful area close to the sea. Royal tangas, amazing buildings, some excellent hotels. Boat rides too. We had an excellent meal at the Pizza Place on the Bay. Great food and great view. There are lots of vendors there. Good shopping experience aimed at tourists.Photographers to take photos by the Gateway. Taj Hotel. And in our opinion some of the best restaurants in all of Mumbai. Enjoy!

Dear Blogger,

Given below is the list of places you may see.The sequence however can be altered and some of the points skipped,depending on the time available and the money you wish to spend.

South Mumbai:

1)Afghan Church Colaba :It is always closed ,but there is a caretaker who opens it.for you..For more details about what to appreciate & for the Prince Charles & Camila Parker connection check on the net or pm me.
2)Sasoon Docks: Ideal time is to visit in the morning around 7 a.m. or earlier say after 5 a.m.Safe but crowded.You need not  be a lover of fish and anything connected with it.
3)Dhobi Ghat:(open air laundry):Because at the Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat,You are asked to "contribute" asking price of up to Rs. 500/- per person if you want to go in.
4)Secretariat & Nariman point
5)Garage full of Vintage cars
6)Gateway of India(for 1/2 day tour of Elephanta island).,Taj Mahal Hotel,Leopold restaurant,Colaba causeway(trinket shops for memorabilia,Organised shops for Indian items.)
7)Museum(Rs. 300 for WASPS & foreigners who don't look Indian and Rs. 60 for those who look Indian),Jehangir art gallery(free),Kala Ghoda percinct,University,,Rajbai Clock Tower, High court, Flora Fountain,Buildings in banking district,Sculptures outside the Zorastrian Fire Temple,Other heritage building such as town hall,CST railway station which is a world heritage site.,Municipal Corporation Building and Dabbawalas.

8)Crowford Market

9)Marine Drive,Sea Beach(called Girgaon Chowpatty),Raj Bhawan,
10)Hanging Garden,
11)Banganga,Glimpse of Tower of silence from afar,
12)Glimpse of the richest Indians house,
13)mahalaxmi Temple,
14)Haji Ali,
15)Chor Bazar(Thieves market)
16)Siddhivinayak Temple,
17)Dadar Market,
18)Chaitya Bhoomi
19)Back from the Sealink to city.

There are forts in south Mumbai,but visit them only with local person or a guide:

Hope this helps. Any doubts or questions ,do let me know.

Gotta go,will try to write about Central suburb,Western suburbs ,Eastern suburbs  & the film & film star & shooting related information-before your arrival in Mumbai.

Best wishes,
Art

you will have to search the net and make a lot of calls ...

dear blogger
searching the net is suggested so that you can get to know about things which are on the web. Once you have the sequence as given by me you can do the search in about 2 hours time.Alternatively would suggest using a local friend who would be somewhat knowledgeable. A tour guide is another solution but not all foreign tourist may afford one.
By the way,what calls or to whom( do you think) would need to be made?
Best wishes,
Art