Introduction of members in Dubai

Hi,

I am Bashar, translator and interpreter. I have been living in Dubai since 2007. I work here as a translator and interpter. I have many interests including: sport, reading, movies, concert, technologies, travelling ...etc. I registered here in order to get to know to new friends here and expand my network.

Thanks,

Welcome to Expat.com Black Knight :)

Yud wrote:

Welcome to Expat.com Black Knight :)

clarebugden wrote:

Hi everybody,
My name is Clare. I have been in Dubai for just over 2 months.
I am from South Africa and I am in the travel industry here!

The common thread that I read from everybody is that it is hard to make friends. I feel the same, especially being single.
I have only concluded that it is because everything is so transitinal in Dubai. So friendships tend to be of that value. But as I guess for people like us who like deeper relationships with one another we battle to get some depth.

I hope to join you all some time!
I have the Entertainer with millions of coupons for Dubai (ALL Need to be USED by the end of the year)
If anybody needs or wants to use some, please let me know.
I will gladly give them away.

Clare

Hello,

I recently joind here.

Yes it is true. It is hard to make friends as it is all about mutual interests and some times opportunities. True friendship is hard to find these days.

Hope to meet one day, I usualy go to movies and concert here and also I am sporty man. I have been in Bryan Adams concert lately and it is really amazing. What was missing is company of few friends.

Cheers :)

Bashar

Hi there,

I'm Shirley from Malaysia, been in Dubai for just 3 weeks. Looking forward to join some gathering here and meet some friends.

See ya.

BR
Shirley

Hello Everyone,

My name is Muna, Libyan, 29 YO, I moved to Dubai a month ago,I had expectations when I arrived, but things are not what they seemed, I easily get depressed, so not having my friends around is really hurting me, I was open  to meet new people, and I did but they didn't survive for more than one meeting, and I am not giving up, I will make use of my time here.

I usually don't do online meeting, because that leads to high expectations, and alot of disappointments, I like meeting personally and than exchange contacts, that maybe go further or not, I am give change a chance and myself too.

I would love to start meeting people and make mine and others stay in Dubai more appreciative and comfortable.

Cheers,

MB

...wow thanks Clairbugden :) i like what you wrote about friendships here :top: although i have met some very nice people through Expat-blog, hope we can meet on day, until then take care :)

Hey all out there,

am living here in Dubai now for nearly one year. Looking forward for some cool friends whith whom i can do some sport and have fun.

all the best and looking forward for plenty private mails :)

Cheers

clarebugden wrote:

Hi everybody,
My name is Clare. I have been in Dubai for just over 2 months.
I am from South Africa and I am in the travel industry here!

The common thread that I read from everybody is that it is hard to make friends. I feel the same, especially being single.
I have only concluded that it is because everything is so transitinal in Dubai. So friendships tend to be of that value. But as I guess for people like us who like deeper relationships with one another we battle to get some depth.

I have the Entertainer with millions of coupons for Dubai (ALL Need to be USED by the end of the year)

Clare

Hi Clare,

How is it going? I totally hear you, I had the same feeling about Dubai, and it is so damn hard to actually make friends, and I am really sick of being alone.

listen if you are up for a coffee, let me know, I live in JBR Area we can have a chat sometime !!!

Cheers,
MB

hello everybody,

my name is Billy , i'm a vet. i arrived 5 month ago to dubai. i was jst like all in here, looking for friends to hangout wit, and feeling down. but since i join some social networks i started found all ma days full and had alots of friends. now iam organizing meetups all over dubai. there another one on 13/jan.2011 in alpha club , drop me email if you all r interesting so i can put ur names in da list :

its take time to get to know new friends :)

hope to c ya all soon :)

Hello everyone,

I'm Vivian from China.  I have been here for almost 6 months already.  Work in Abu Dhabi,live in Dubai.  No friends at all except colleagues.  So hard to meet someone new here.  Maybe it's because I'm not going out that often.  But after 6 days working, just really don't feel like doing anything at all at weekend alone. 

I would really like to make some friends.  Life is kind of boring here without anyone.  No matter Boys or girls.  I'm welcoming anyone.

Have fun and take care !

Vivian

vivian.bu wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm Vivian from China.  I have been here for almost 6 months already.  Work in Abu Dhabi,live in Dubai.  No friends at all except colleagues.  So hard to meet someone new here.  Maybe it's because I'm not going out that often.  But after 6 days working, just really don't feel like doing anything at all at weekend alone. 

I would really like to make some friends.  Life is kind of boring here without anyone.  No matter Boys or girls.  I'm welcoming anyone.

Have fun and take care !

Vivian

Welcome Vivian,

I hope you like it here, I would advise you to get active in the forums and things will start happening :) check the Movie Buddies, we are planning a movie night, maybe you are interested !!

Cheers,

MB

Hi Munita,

Thanks. I was actually checking movie buddies the other day. Would really love to join you guys sometime.  I live very close to Marina mall also. We could totally catch up sometime.

Have fun!

Viv.

Hello .. I like dubai is best city in middle east
kisss for alll!!!

ADMIN: Please can you activate my account!

jimpaolo > more useless messages such as the ones I've read from you today ... and we'll completely block your account

Hi folks,
Been here for a few years, just joined the blog roll. Love Dubai - please don't send me home yet!
Come and visit me at my blogs, Dubai-ified is my life, and the sandpit diaries is my photography. Cheers!

dubai-ified.blogspot.com/
sandpitdiaries.blogspot.com/

Welcome on Expat-blog waltonsh1! :)

Hi,

I have recently moved into Dubai. I have got a job posting here. Thts the reason I am here. Looking forward for a wonderful journey here.

I like listening to music, travelling.

Hello all. I'm Fran, 32, from Spain. I'll spend two weeks in Dubai starting on the 20th of January. I have absolutely nothing to do there as I'll be on holidays.

I'm staying at a friend's house, in Dubai Marina area. If you live near there and feel like hanging out, going for a coffee, a movie or whatever, let me know.

Cheers
Fran

Hey Fran, I really hope you like Dubai, it is an exiting new destination for every one, I live in JBR, Dubai Marina too, I will PM you my number and text me if you wanna have a coffee, an other Expat-Blog friend lives in the area too, we were planning to catch a movie soon so let us know...

cheers and welcome to the surreal city of Dubai :)

MB

Pakitu wrote:

Hello all. I'm Fran, 32, from Spain. I'll spend two weeks in Dubai starting on the 20th of January. I have absolutely nothing to do there as I'll be on holidays.

I'm staying at a friend's house, in Dubai Marina area. If you live near there and feel like hanging out, going for a coffee, a movie or whatever, let me know.

Cheers
Fran

Hello everyone, i'm Rayanna from the US, i'm also new here and would like to make some friends. 
i don't work here and so during the day i'm so bored cause my husband's at work.  hope to meet some nice ppl here.

I'm not in Dubai, but it would be nice if someone blogged in line with the subject. Why, how, what should be addressed.. Thank you.

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!

Jarhead > your profile pic is quite provocative  :|

maybe you should use another one?

hi

i m rashid, i am here since 2004. i love Dubai and Al Ain.

my contact: [email protected]

Welcome on board rashidandrashid ;)

clarebugden wrote:

Clare

Hi, I am Malar. Clare,I couldn't agree with you more! I have been here for the past 5months and I have yet to build a proper cirlce of friends.Partially due to the fact I have to mind my 8month old and its difficult to take her along on adult outings too often. However, the 'single girl' in me does wish to "break-free" ever so often from this routine (been failing miserably)!!

My husband got assigned here recently after his last stint in Muscat,Oman. Just when I thought my friendships there were sailing into deeper ocean, we had to pack up and set sail to shore! So now it's like starting all over again!

I do wish to meet many of you over cuppa, lunch or even dinner. However I know in this fast paced city, it's not going to be easy.For those of you who wouldn't mind enjoying some home cooked meal or a barbeque and a quiet evening chat over drinks, get in touch with us(my husband and I) - we would love to have you over at our place.

Hi I'm Marlene, i'm just new in Expat.com, but i have lived here in the UAE for almost 10 years now. I welcome new friends from around the globe.

Hi Everyone.

Hi Clare,

I am Arun, Indian from Abudhabi. Working in UAE for the past 9 years.
Well its not hard to find friends in UAE, but to find good everlasting friends in UAE is difficult.

Well, i would like to extend my friendship hand towards you, if you are interested let me know...

Take care

Arun

pleas people i want to make a friends here pleas help me :D

hi Kimoz1405,

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

I would suggest you create a new thread about yourself in the Dubai forum and introduce yourself. Plus if you've any specific queries, you can ask them in your post :)

Take care and enjoy your stay with us.

Haf

hi..
I'm Aang from Indonesia. I have been in Dubai for 3 months.
It's difficult also for me to make friends here. moreover I have different off day from others. My off day is Sunday so I have no idea what to do because other people work on that day.

Hi everybody,
My name is Med and I'm coming form France.
I'm in dubai since one month and I'm looking to meet some people.

Welcome Med :)

Hello! I took early retirement from my Accounting job in Los Angeles. Planning on going back to the work force, preferably in a foreign setting. I have considerable experience in banking, accounting for payables and receivables as well as general office administration. Planning on going to Dubai in June, 2011. Hope to meet and network with other expats.

Welcome on board scorpio14 ;)

Hi All,

My name is Ehab. I'm not new in Dubai. I've been living here for the past six years, and I really enjoy the experience that Dubai provides.

I'm looking forward to getting in touch with money of fellow expats living in this wonderful city. I invite you to view my personal blog, PALORDINIA, atpalordinia.com

Cheers,

Ehab

Hi Everyone...
After a bit of a bumpy ride in Abu Dhabi for a couple of months, I have arrived in Dubai and love it.  I love photography and would like to meet people to explore the area with.  Does anyone have any suggestions for areas for photos or just places to go meet new people and relax. 
Thanks,
Ashley

Hiii...

I think ther is term in photography called Photogenic...I must say every place in Dubai is Phogenic.

Can go to the CREEK SIDE ( Bur Dubai Side and the Deira Side), Gold Souq, Burj Khalifa, The JBR side, LOT of Malls, The Atlantic a ton of places...

TC

ARUN

hemisphere_dancer wrote:

Hi Everyone...
After a bit of a bumpy ride in Abu Dhabi for a couple of months, I have arrived in Dubai and love it.  I love photography and would like to meet people to explore the area with.  Does anyone have any suggestions for areas for photos or just places to go meet new people and relax. 
Thanks,
Ashley

Hi Ashley and Ehab,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

All the best,
Christine