Advice for US College Student

Hello my name is Derrek and I am a college student studying in the United States.  I am currently a junior attending a community college to save on money. I plan on obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Human Biology. I am considering studying abroad and possibly moving.  i thought it would be best to wait and get my Bachelors degree first and then go to graduate school somewhere cheaper.  I am looking to possibly become a doctor and get a degree in the medical field.  Does anyone have any advice?  I don't have a lot of money right now.  I am a vegan and very healthy as i enjoy weight lifting and the outdoors.  I heard organic food is expensive.  I try to buy as much organic food as possible and eat very little processed food. 

What are the pros and cons of moving to New Zealand from the United States?  What else should I consider?  I would to visit New Zealand first but I am not sure if I can afford it.

How do you become a doctor in New Zealand?  I heard their education systems are pretty good.  I'm just trying to take out as little debt as possible becuase student loans are the worst kind of loans.

Dhooy7 wrote:

Hello my name is Derrek and I am a college student studying in the United States.  I am currently a junior attending a community college to save on money. I plan on obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Human Biology. I am considering studying abroad and possibly moving.  i thought it would be best to wait and get my Bachelors degree first and then go to graduate school somewhere cheaper.  I am looking to possibly become a doctor and get a degree in the medical field.  Does anyone have any advice?  I don't have a lot of money right now.  I am a vegan and very healthy as i enjoy weight lifting and the outdoors.  I heard organic food is expensive.  I try to buy as much organic food as possible and eat very little processed food. 

What are the pros and cons of moving to New Zealand from the United States?  What else should I consider?  I would to visit New Zealand first but I am not sure if I can afford it.

A Google search will give you details for medical colleges in NZ.
If you don't have a lot of money then don't consider coming to NZ as the cost of the college and living here is very high. 
As a student you can only work part time, 20 hours a week and even if you do find work the pay is low. 

Reading your post I do not think that you have the correct mindset to become a doctor as you seem preoccupied by looking for the cheapest, eating vegan and weightlifting.

I am not looking for the cheapest education but an affordable education.  I also enjoy weightlifting and staying active.  I know someone accepted into medical school and who enjoys weight lifting.  I appreciate your thoughts.  I know I can become a doctor.  I know someone who went to chiropractic school in New Zealand.  I am looking to be a plant based diet and focus on lifestyle medicine and preventative medicine.

I still say that unless you change your mindset and concentrate on becoming a doctor then you will get nowhere. 
The other things you are interested in will come later but they would not be the number one priority for me.
They are secondary to your main aim.

Sorry I am a bit confused by what you mean.  I know someone who went to chiropractic school in NZ and liked it.  The healthcare system in the US is offer priced.

Dhooy7 wrote:

Sorry I am a bit confused by what you mean.  I know someone who went to chiropractic school in NZ and liked it.  The healthcare system in the US is offer priced.

What I mean is you need to focus on being a doctor and getting that underway. That should be your primary concern.

Don't bother coming to NZ. You'll get a better education in the states, especially if you are looking for an affordable education. NZ will suck you dry.