Expat-Pinay Online Dating Sites WARNING!

In my fruitless search for a hot young Filipina wife for when I move there soon I joined Filipnacupid last year just to see what happens. Soon I had 100's of gorgeous young girls interested in old me. I have chatted and webcammed with many of them, however it seems to me that 90% of the really pretty ones are on the hunt for one thing sooner or later....my MONEY! Some are very direct and within a few minutes ask for help with food, or "buy me a webcam so we can chat better", or "my dad had a heartattack today, can you help me?" and on and on. Some girls wait days or weeks to ask. Some subtly hint without asking directly. I have learned that some of these girls actually make a decent living online chatting with gullable kano's and getting money from them. They'll have multiple profiles or keep popping up using same hot, usually fake,  profile pics. I've heard theres even online websites teaching girls how to do it! Then theres the cute girls who are seeking sexcam viewers also. GUYS! Don't get fooled. If you really want a wife there, go there first! Don't take the online game too seriously and DONT send money to someone you never met in person.

Congratulations, Bob Marshall!  So glad you realized soon enough what you were getting into trying to meet that sweet girl on line.  And the rest of you guys dreaming of that dream girl you would want to meet (and marry) someday...listen to Bob.  Don't fall for it!   Just go there for a visit and meet local folks.   There's lots of them out there from good families and good upbringing.  But you have to go there.  Stay away from meeting girls on line...and specially, as Bob made it clear....NEVER SEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU'VE NEVER MET!  How could anyone fall for such scam?
You can even meet nice pinays right in the U.S....or wherever you're from.  I have met them all over the world as well as in the Philippines.  Never had any problem finding them.  I haven't met one on line...because there's no need to get that desperate.  Thanks, Bob, for the warning.  Not for me...but for those guys out there desperately searching on line for that nice Filipina to marry.

GOSH - I'm shocked.
I find it so hard to believe here are scammers, gold diggers and prostitutes on dating sites - not

That's one reason dating is banned on this site.
Avoid them like the plague.

In my fruitless search for a hot young Filipina wife for when I move there soon

Last I heard, the ladies there were humans, not lumps of meat, but it shows where your error is.
When you dig for gold, you usually have to go through a few layers of dirt and dung,
You have to get real, if you're searching for an on line wife, you'll get online scammed.

Yes I agree. It is best to come here and meet a few first.  Not that hard to do here.  And introductions are easy to get.  It does seem like 3/4 the taxi drivers in the Philippines have a honest cousin or such they want you to meet, Or even in the small cafes they all know some lady that would like to meet you. Date first just like any were. Be respectful I am talking nice lady's.  But same as any were all lady's want your Money spent on them.  World wide problem with women.  Not just the Philippines.  Most of those on line are scam girls. They want you they will wait for you.  They may not chat much do to lack of funds. But they want you they will stay in touch.

Bob Marshall wrote:

In my fruitless search for a hot young Filipina wife for when I move there soon I joined Filipnacupid last year just to see what happens.

If you do find your hot young play thing through face-to-face meet-ups, she will likely expect that you will eventually marry her. A Filipina poster at another thread said that Filipinas never marry to improve their lives. They marry for love. Yeah, right.

Don't assume that the marriage vows would end with just "to love, honor and cherish for as long as we both shall live." The older husband's expected, though unspoken, marriage vow might sound a little something like this; "to give you luxuries which you might not have experienced, pay for the tuition of your siblings, and support your tribe." And the young hot wife's would be: "to take care of you, including wiping your behind, if in case you get a stroke (which will probably be in the near future), to promise that I and / or my tribe will lift you up (even though I'm just half your size) to get out of bed, and this great responsibility I promise I will fulfill with utmost diligence (despite it being not too ago, actually I still remember that time clearly, that I was an immature teenager.)" Hopefully she would not say those vows with her fingers crossed behind her back.

This is what I hoped when I saw an older gentleman foreigner, who was obviously overweight, holding hands with a young woman in a tank top, probably in her early 20's: That the young girl understands her end of the bargain and will keep it. Two terms Filipinos use to describe this kind of relationship: "companionship" and "MU or mutual understanding". Be aware and beware. Not everyone marries for just love. Hopefully, you find one who does, and who also fits your "hot young" qualification. (Somehow, I feel like breaking into an Aerosmith song: "Dream on, dream on, dream on")

@sir Bob Marshall
    You mentioned about FILIPINACUPID DATING SITE. .I am also there being STANDARD SUBSCRIBER just curious on what is in on that site & yes your right not of all subscriber's are real MEN or WOMEN many of them are subscribing a GOLD or PLATINUM types of subscription spending dollars a day to fool other serious people. ..I have experienced that till now as I am still there as a STANDARD SUBSCRIBER. ..just fun of reading lots of Mails from different people but im already AWARE of everything :)

So just be careful everyone! :)

Hang on - This could make a great little business for me.

Hi guys. my name is Freda and I'm a really hot and sexy girl
I'll do really dirty things to men, but my grandmother is ill, so please send money.
If you guys need someone with my curves, send cash and I'll promise to be filthy with you.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/polls/466000/466964_1276569635620_full.jpg

http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1114gross-guy-puke.jpg

Heck - busted - I posted a real photo of me.

Guys, please ignore that one, I'm really a sexy woman.

More seriously, does anyone actually believe these hot chicks are real?

I believe everyone should be very careful in selecting a partner through online dating to prevent being scammed and avoid being taken advantage of.

I myself was in that site 2 years ago and that's where i met my now husband. For me was realistic, I was looking for a real partner with a very close age gap. I dont care for the status in life of the partner when I was looking because I am educated and a licensednurse with a good career going on and i dont have anyone i need to support financially.So I knew that he was the one when I read his first message that got me interested he said " i am not rich, i dont have a house and i am just renting, i have a regular job and i am a simple person so if you are interested with that then we can try to be friends and see where it goes" and from then i knew he was who i am looking for. And now we are happy together turning 2 years, we are not rich just living a simple life and we both have to save and work for the things that we want to have but we are happy because we know what we found is real. And i'm proud to say being together for almost to years now I have never asked him to sens a single cent to family, and when he visited the philppines he never spends on groceries for my family it is in fact mu family who spoils us when he was there.

If anyone would ask why I tried online dating, first of all being a nurse i dont have the time and energy to date around, second I want a straight forward man eho is mature enough to handle one anothers differences when there is a problem in the relationship( something i dont see in the men around my circle), and third is the bonus of having a handsome man to wake up to every morning and have wondeful children when the time comes.

So here is a piece of advice for all the foreign men out there who is looking for a real relationship, BE REALISTIC. If you are in your 40's and above you dont aim for the woman who are 18 up their 20's coz honestly even you yourself know that if the world is all equal and money/status doesnt exist no one wants to date a guy as old as their dad (unless psychologically they have some issues). So if you are an older guy that gets many attention from young women given or not given that you let them know what you have and can offer obviously you will know what they are after. So looking for a hot young wife isnt really a good idea, try looking for someone close to your age.

To sum it up if you are trying online dating, dont put out how much property you have, dont be too proud to announce what you do or how much you earn. Keep a low profile as much as you can and im sure you'll sort out who are looking for a relationship from those looking for a financer.

Honestly even I am greatly angered by my fellow filipinas who severes the reputation of women in my country. It is never right to scam someone, if they want money they should know how to work for it and not to use lies to gain it
That is why everyone should be very careful.

Bob Marshall wrote:

In my fruitless search for a hot young Filipina wife for when I move there soon I joined Filipnacupid last year just to see what happens. Soon I had 100's of gorgeous young girls interested in old me. I have chatted and webcammed with many of them, however it seems to me that 90% of the really pretty ones are on the hunt for one thing sooner or later....my MONEY! Some are very direct and within a few minutes ask for help with food, or "buy me a webcam so we can chat better", or "my dad had a heartattack today, can you help me?" and on and on. Some girls wait days or weeks to ask. Some subtly hint without asking directly. I have learned that some of these girls actually make a decent living online chatting with gullable kano's and getting money from them. They'll have multiple profiles or keep popping up using same hot, usually fake,  profile pics. I've heard theres even online websites teaching girls how to do it! Then theres the cute girls who are seeking sexcam viewers also. GUYS! Don't get fooled. If you really want a wife there, go there first! Don't take the online game too seriously and DONT send money to someone you never met in person.

Bob I have to disagree with you and others about the dating sites...I truly dont think it is 90% but closer to 60 or 70%...I had been on cupid for over 1 year and found about 3 out of 4 were scammers or gold diggers with a much higher percentage being the beautiful ones...My criteria in finding my match was they must have a college degree, 5-3 or taller, attractive or very attractive, shapely, single with no children...Out of the 200 give or take I only found 3 who closely met my criteria and were mostly or totally honest in their own search...I met all three when I arrived and decided a college professor who was very attractive, 54 was somewhat of a social climber and a 24 year old who had a degree in computer science was to immature...The one who I had known the longest and the most beautiful( an 8 1/2)with an amazing body and Spanish bloodline was 30 years old, secondary education degree with the most wonderful personality and the most honest person I have ever met...Her only draw back was she is only 4-11...Well a guy cant have everything...We have been physically together now for over 3 years with 2 very beautiful and healthy children...I have never been happier...So even though the net has mostly disappointments dont be discouraged...Just be careful and make sure you test their honesty over and over again and never correspond without using Skype or YM so all conversations are archived...Never ever send money if asked for any reason...I did send my wife $100 after chatting for over 7 months because she needed dental work and she even was so self conscious about it she showed me the work on cam and the receipts and even went as far to tell me I had $15 in change coming back...LOL...Now tell me that is not a rare find...Note: she is from a small farming community in a northern Luzon province...The only good ones I had seem to find on the net were generally from the provinces and not the major cities where money is a major player in survival...

I know one thing is for sure I saved big dollars using the net instead of taking trips to this country in hopes of finding the real deal....

Good Luck in your future ventures

Bob Marshall wrote:

Hi Guys,

Unfortunatelly this is an "old scam" started a few years ago in Ghana and Nigeria (but not restricted to). You will be surprised with the amount of money that is sent to these "Innocent" girls with a very "unfortunate" life...
a few years ago, (when I was targeted by a few of these "beautiful young girls") I found out (call me cautious or just that as principle I trust nobody) that this was a very common scam where american and UK citizens were bombarded with chatting lines (mostly simply copy paste from templates).
This is much more than a few girls trying to get their hands in some money but a complicated network of criminals who will try anything to get free wages.

husoi wrote:
Bob Marshall wrote:

Hi Guys,

Unfortunatelly this is an "old scam" started a few years ago in Ghana and Nigeria (but not restricted to). You will be surprised with the amount of money that is sent to these "Innocent" girls with a very "unfortunate" life...
a few years ago, (when I was targeted by a few of these "beautiful young girls") I found out (call me cautious or just that as principle I trust nobody) that this was a very common scam where american and UK citizens were bombarded with chatting lines (mostly simply copy paste from templates).
This is much more than a few girls trying to get their hands in some money but a complicated network of criminals who will try anything to get free wages.

husoi, I hope you are not claiming Filipinocupid in itself is a scam because if you are you would be badly mistaken...I know of many expats who have found happiness through the site just as I have...

very well said stephy :)

i had been to that site too (FilipinaCupid), found the man of my dreams, who is now my fiancé, and soon we will be in 3-yr commited relationship, we had been in 5 vacations/visits together... we are abt the same age, in fact im even 11 months older than him haha..

and yea, if the girl asked or even hinted for money, RUN FOR THE HILLS, she is a scammer trust me :P

there are real nice girls out there, searching for love and not an express-lane to a better life... they are usually educated and professionals... having their own jobs, earning their own money, not just slobbering online scamming foreigners..

and like stephy said, be realistic.. cmon guys, hot young Filipina?? no offense, but i didnt go to that site to hook-up with a guy old enough to be my dad, or worse my grandpa... :P

i know there are a lot of sad and scary stories abt online dating.. but there are some happy endings too.. u just have to get real and be smart.. dont make rush decisions.. take time in knowing each other... good things come to those who patiently wait ;)

Thats right ,sorry to hear your story.. anyway if incase by chance if you plan to visit here in the Philippines , please feel free to message me if you really want to meet a nice person maybe i can introduce you to my Auntie...hehehehe

My wife's family are not to bad on the money. But they have borrowed money from us. They do not depart with cash money in there home. So forget money back from them,. But they do farm have a boat shop, and make cement blocks.  So I have got free except for parts small engine repair, free farm produce, and pork, chickens, goat from them when they butcher. But money forget it. They do not depart with cash money.  They think pay back is free labor, farm goods, and such. But cash forget that.

Guys beware of ladyboys or gays posting on those Web pages, unless that's what you like, not discriminating, some are honest but others are not.Best thing is to go there and meet them in person, you can start at the mall, avoid the bars or else?!

Most dating sites are full of scammers, but date in Asia and Christian philipinas are the best in my form of thinking.Ive met my fiance it's been 2 years and a half, we will spend about 2 more years adapting to each other then marry sometime in the future.Best to meet in person, but anyone asking for money or giving a sad story is automatic red lights, use common sense.Good luck.

Bob Marshall wrote:

In my fruitless search for a hot young Filipina wife for when I move there.

I'm amazed your PM inbox hasn't burst to breaking point.

A wife beating man on dangerous drugs that smokes, and treats women as lumps of meat.
Every girl's dream.

Cripes - I fancy you.

boriloco wrote:

Most dating sites are full of scammers, .

And worse.
People must take extreme care when using such sites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ntity.html

Jon Venables is signed up to online dating website contacting single women who do not know his real identity
Venables was jailed for the horrific murder in 1993 and was also jailed five years ago for downloading and distributing child abuse material, after posing as a mother online.
Investigative reporter and child protection expert Mark Williams-Thomas, who discovered Venables's profile in a joint probe with the Sunday Mirror, said it was worrying that a convicted child sex offender had free rein to browse the internet, potentially looking for new victims. 
He told MailOnline: 'James Bulger's murder was so horrific that Venables should remain under constant supervision and should never be allowed to freely trawl the internet - let alone with the added fact that he was also convicted of a child sex offence.
'When Venables was convicted in 2010 after using the internet to commit child sex offences, everyone was saying "how has he got access?" - but now it is happening all over again.

These days the dating websites are a  much easier way to meet a partner and its so easy to learn of the family and educational background. ....but like most things its a MINEFIELD...tread carefully. Even old codgers like us can fall in love with the wrong girl and loose our savings despite warnings from others!

Dating "on foot" when here is difficult despite many smiles from attractive ladies.

True we will have to support the family in some way but you can give limits if the girl you want is worth it!

Sometimes a single parent may fit the bill and you have the family already to nurture and raise.

Learning from the various forums, I came here years ago and met the family first to discover where my financial support was going to be given. ...much easier now via the internet  ;)

i think you have to never send money before meet in real, 99 % of people ask money in internet just scammes

Yes stay away from Filipina Cupid and other sites created by Cupid Media, they have been online for too long!

you do lots better meeting out there most nice girls have a job and they are not on line anyway ...........as a Thai guy told me the woman you white guys date we would never look at and as for give them money no they have to have money that's our way of doing things.....................so you have to think they are not white woman the rules are different you respect their way of doing things then you find a decent wife and yes of course you will get lots that will go of with you easy the risk you take can be more than you expect !..............follow the rules of their culture dont then a decent woman would have no interest in you ....i may sound like a kill joy but this is your life and future its worth your time to get it right meet the woman of your dreams and not a nightmare !!

i have lived in the philippines for 16 months. i will give any future expat from  america free advice DO NOT  trust anyone here in the Philippines especially if you are a gay man the guys here are just after your money all of them are are fake. The same goes for everyone planning on coming to the Philippines 99 percent of the people percieve that forigners have a unlimitied income and will do anything they can to seperate you from your money.  In addition always trust your instincts if someone is telling  you a sad story about a sick family member or they need money for school or to pay a bill or to load thier phone run away fast.  Even if you have met  them in person do not give them money for anything.

I agree with you, that's why I block everyone, only deal bad chat with my gf, soon we will marry after almost 3 years chatting and we recently met and spent 3 months together.Most on internet sites are scammers, gold diggers or deceivers, anyone wanting a pinay should just take a trip there and see where it goes, the real pinays will not ask for money or favors.Good luck.

Move here... Take a couple of months to get familiar with the place, and then start dating slowly. Get to know your dates quickly because they will be easy to figure out... Just press delete on the ones you don't get a perfect feel for... Finally the younger they are the less chances you have in building a true and lasting relationship... Start looking at age 26 and you will find more sincere women... Best of luck to you. There are a million here to choose from... Wait till you get here.

I found my girlfriend on filipino cupid site and have known her for 3 years now. I have visited philippines twice to see her
and plan on moving their soon. She is near 50 an iam in my 60's. the problem I think with the girls that are scamming is they are very young. Personally I find it disgusting see 70 year old men with 20 year old girls.Some of these guys brag
about having a few girlfriends in different cities. I understand why the girls accept this --to put food on the table. But the guys who are getting scammed maybe try finding a woman -the filipino women living in north america date only men closer to their own age. Guys should not take advantage of young girls living in proverty they are not trophies but a beautiful person living in a beautiful country.

silverman, there are many many filipino girls in the early 20's who are with filipino men in their 40's, 50's and 60's...Many of which have more than one girlfriend in that age group so why is it so wrong for an expat to score a girl who is under the age of 35 who has already been groomed by much older Filipino men with no desire to have men closer to their own age...Many of those girls look to find a sincere one woman man who is a much older foreigner because they are tired of all the two timing Filipino men as was the case with my own wife...

very true my friend...forget online girls...i use to help my ex-gf in thailand to chat guys....it was funny.. [moderated: completely inappropriate, please avoid such comments on the forum.] ...yes, come here and meet a cute girl who has a job....a good girl...not the gold diggers...or what we say here....a CASH COW....

Met my wife on line at the urging of a family member, my wife did the same with me.  I for the most part ignored anyone 20 or more years younger than I (my choice).
I chatted with a few ladies and asked a few questions, I would ask the same questions again after a couple of days, though they were worded differently and asked to again to compare the answers. Anything that didn't match they were deleted, one red flag is all you should need, unless you are one of those closet philologists who want a patient to mold instead of a partner.
A yahoo account was created just for chatting and a few were invited to chat with a web cam. I would check their surroundings and avoided internet cafe's and those who seemed to begin wanting things were deleted, I am not an ATM or a jewelry store. Like you said there are hundreds replying and I was in no hurry to screw up my life through impatience or falling in love with the wrong person.
After about six months, I met my wife. She was quick witted and wanted to know about me, she didn't care about my possessions or bank account and was very blunt in her questions though funny and the fact that this woman was going after a real person who she could build a life with made me smile. She was tough.
When she first asked about me I told her I was old, bald and broke, she laughed and said I like the answer, we moved on from there.
We like the same music, neither of us drank or smoked or did drugs (our choice), we liked the country, walking along the beach or a trail and spending time at home making a home. She had no want for baubles and shiny things and her cell phone was very simple though family in the states had tried to upgrade. Her family loved her and she was down to earth and took joy in simple things. Cooking, cleaning, gardening and attending to responsibilities was for her just another reason to hum and sing.
After about six months she and I found that we were had developed a friendship and she had yet to ask for anything or whine about anything, she was content, though she had very little.
Our backgrounds were similar, both having come from broken homes and she having raised her siblings without a mother or father from the age of 14 and I having been in foster homes from about the same age. We clicked.
We both looked forward to our daily chats and I would surprise her with phone calls in the morning using a phone card for cheap calls to the Philippines.
We chatted for around 8 months and I went to meet her, she was the genuine article. Her family from the youngest relative to the oldest (and friends) came to the house and interviewed me non stop for two days, they truly cared about her, it was great.
We continued our talks for almost two years and I asked her to marry me. What a lucky man I am, she said yes and we began the long and arduous journey to the United States. When she arrived we married within a week to keep it honorable and shortly thereafter met her large group of relatives in the Baltimore area, more interviews and in the end they decided I was OK.   Whewwwwwwwwwww. 
She had taken the time over the years to school herself in the English language and she worked with the church she belonged too in helping others with scripture and English. She was and is quite a lady and I count my blessings to have her in my life. 
She is funny, hard working, tough, and tender. Be careful, see past the pretty face and look inside and look for that same person to be there each and every day. If she's not happy or a least at peace with her life, playing doctor will only eventually bring you down too.
My wife is my partner, my equal and more, my love and my dearest friend.
Be yourself, if you want truth then give the same. Why would you want someone who doesn't love the real you, the façade will eventually fail and so will the relationship.
We are now retired and living in the Philippines, I would be lost without her. (she is nine years younger than I for those wondering).
My two cents, Good luck and good life.

Bob Marshall wrote:

Hi!

Is there a reliable Website?

Greetings from Germany..

Hi!

Very interesting story..thank you for that! I believe in a true love story between a Western guy / European guy and a Filipina. Of course, there is a lot of cheat but I believe, one thing is not to search for a 20 years or more younger woman.
I think, for me it can be much easier as I recently bought my own apartment in Manila. 

May I ask you which website did you use for a first harmless Chat?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.
Greetings from Munich.
Joerg

use flipino-cupid site then once you get reply switch to skype-video chat to get to know her. iam curious how you bought an appartment philippines. I believe you can buy condo if it is 60% owned by filipino's but you can not own house unless married to filipino. when I first went on date site I got scammed with woman from usa but was really online scamming from africa. there is sites online with pictures an names of scammers.most scammer have hard luck story which leads to needing money they also are very quick to tell you they are falling in love with you.

crmirah wrote:

i have lived in the philippines for 16 months. i will give any future expat from  america free advice DO NOT  trust anyone here in the Philippines especially if you are a gay man the guys here are just after your money all of them are are fake. The same goes for everyone planning on coming to the Philippines 99 percent of the people percieve that forigners have a unlimitied income and will do anything they can to seperate you from your money.  In addition always trust your instincts if someone is telling  you a sad story about a sick family member or they need money for school or to pay a bill or to load thier phone run away fast.  Even if you have met  them in person do not give them money for anything.

what are you still doing there?

silverman wrote:

use flipino-cupid site then once you get reply switch to skype-video chat to get to know her. iam curious how you bought an appartment philippines. I believe you can buy condo if it is 60% owned by filipino's but you can not own house unless married to filipino. when I first went on date site I got scammed with woman from usa but was really online scamming from africa. there is sites online with pictures an names of scammers.most scammer have hard luck story which leads to needing money they also are very quick to tell you they are falling in love with you.

you can buy a condo by yourself  -dont need to be owned by any filipino

perfect..thank you very much indee..
all the best,
Jörg

I reply to you in detail shortly...

Have you ever tried Russian web-sites? Do you find slavic women attractive?

I personally tried a lot of dating sites, mostly Russian, since I am going to move to Russia. I had my own sad experience with Russian dating sites. Ah, that's a real money-making enterprise! Some are absolute fakes. I removed my profiles from all of them except for this one (mymagicbrides.com/) - this one hasn't turned out a disappointment yet. At least, none of the girls has asked for my money yet =)
To stay safe, choose the girls who have natural personal pictures in profiles,  and ask for their e-mails as soon as you get more acquainted. If she denies persistently  - she  is a waste of time. and , for God's sake, do not send money indeed. Say that you are as poor as a church mouse presently or you have financial  troubles, just to check her reaction.

Closed