Citizenship Procedure Through Marriage

fluffy2560 wrote:

That'll limit me to "Good Morning"

Well, good morning is of course showing you have learned to be polite.

But to survive in any country, one needs to know these three words:

Water: Víz
Bread: Kenyér
Beer: Sör

These provide all the essentials needed for life: to drink, to eat, and to be happy.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

That'll limit me to "Good Morning"

Well, good morning is of course showing you have learned to be polite.

But to survive in any country, one needs to know these three words:

Water: Víz
Bread: Kenyér
Beer: Sör

These provide all the essentials needed for life: to drink, to eat, and to be happy.

Haha...I know those words of course....but hmmm....must be a strange life down there near Balaton with those priorities.

Us city folk might go for the following (if it doesn't get deleted for not being in English entirely).....

bor, nők/férfiak, ének

p.s. Note the gender equality with the added férfiak...

fluffy2560 wrote:

Haha...I know those words of course....

I knew that. And why I said "one" not "you".  :top:

fluffy2560 wrote:

Us city folk might go for the following (if it doesn't get deleted for not being in English entirely).....

bor, nők/férfiak, ének

Works for me too.

Here at home, I have the wine, the woman, and she sings  :cool:
- youtube.com/watch?v=GpInPPNGfps

But when I use to globe trot for business, one problem is I never could get a good local wine in the tropics. Beer was always available though.

fluffy2560 wrote:

p.s. Note the gender equality with the added férfiak...

Very nicely done.

But clearly not an iOS user, since that was indeed very PC.....

I know, I know..... with that pun everyone is now doing this:  :o

klsallee wrote:

.....Here at home, I have the wine, the woman, and she sings  :cool:
- youtube.com/watch?v=GpInPPNGfps

But when I use to globe trot for business, one problem is I never could get a good local wine in the tropics. Beer was always available though......

Very cool indeed.  Things obviously not so quiet in Balaton as I thought. My own wailing would wake the dead although Mrs Fluffy and I once got quite reasonable at a duo of "It's not unusual" by Tom Jones. One of the benefits of long car journeys from Hungary to the UK.

Never had a problem with finding wine in the tropics although I did wonder about the environmental sense of transporting fermented grape juice 1000s of miles from France to places like Thailand. Grapes and wine production might be possible closer to (their) home.  Beer of course is an antiseptic anti-bacterial agent (haha, maybe). But the main reason to drink it apart from thirst quenching is that it's bottled and therefore likely to be safe to drink. The one that I've found everywhere in say, Africa, is Fanta.     

In the modernised paraphrased words of Wordsworth.... "I wandered lonely as a cloud,...." but completely off topic...

I can not mention the first Hungarian words and phrases I learned, too rude for public publication!!

fluffy2560 wrote:

Things obviously not so quiet in Balaton as I thought.

Actually, to be honest, that concert was in Szeged.

http://stcoemgen.com/2015/01/27/some-wa … peratures/

Outside of the brief summer tourist season, the music scene around my part of the Balaton is basically zero.

fluffy2560 wrote:

My own wailing would wake the dead

I can only carry a tune when I take it outside to bury.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Never had a problem with finding wine in the tropics

Once in sub-Sahara Africa I bought the only bottle of wine in town. Then went back to drinking beer.

fluffy2560 wrote:

"Beer of course is an antiseptic anti-bacterial agent

“In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I can not mention the first Hungarian words and phrases I learned, too rude for public publication!!

No need. I think I can guess.  ;)

klsallee wrote:

“In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

haha...I like it.....but not sure I'd take any advice from a guy who insisted on holding onto a wet stringed kite during a thundersorm.