Long Distance Relationships

Hello,

I hope you can help and share this. I am looking for people in International Long Distance Relationships. I'm researching for a documentary on long distance love. We're hoping to help bring the couple together. I'm keen to get in contact with couples who may be interested in taking part and are prepared to share their experiences and insight on the subject.

If you want to find out more about the project msg me at contact.krider[at]gmail.com

Thanks so much
Katie

So is this and advertisement for a company??
Are you in a long distance relationship??  If not why are you asking
Since this is your first post why not tell us something about yourself???

Bob K

Long distance relationships rarely work out unless one or the other is willing to move.

Generally speaking they are often just a pretext for many to obtain a visa that they would otherwise not be entitled to. They promise a relationship and once they obtain the much sought after visa disappear faster than Harry Houdina, leaving a path of destruction and debts for the unwary victims in their wake.

Half the time (especially women) enter into long distance relationships and move to countries where their human rights are severely restricted or non-existent without any more concern or preparation than popping down to the corner store to buy a copy of Vogue. They end up heartbroken and indebted as a result.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Bob K wrote:

So is this and advertisement for a company??
Are you in a long distance relationship??  If not why are you asking
Since this is your first post why not tell us something about yourself???

Bob K

Indi, Wildfire and Bare are reputable in the trade, producing work for many major channels.
I believe this to be a valid ad, looking for expats (or those in international relationships) but apart from their better halves.
Good luck, Katie, and how's the weather in the smoke?

James put a lot of truth into his post, but there are long distance relationships that work. I was apart from my wife for almost a year before we got married, but we have a good, happy relationship now, even living in the same house for over 7 years.
I think she's done really well to put up with me.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies - nice to have some feedback.

Bob - This is for an online documentary. I'm a Researcher and the production company making the short is Indy 8.

James - you are absolutely right and I'm doing my best to exercise caution with my approach. There are many examples of people in LDR online relationships being exploited or mislead.

But as Fred says, there are many positive examples too. And statistics suggest there are as many as 14 million couples in long distance relationships, so I'm optimistic that we'll find some great couples who are interested in taking part.

Many thanks,
Katie

I understand ur feeling , and my feeling the same as you also . I always waiting for my honest ppl and long relationship also , but now day we can not truth any body to much , because have a lot of bad story in over the world . So at first we are must be friend n always chat , sms or call .

Nice to know u dear .
Sreyleap

Far love don't work !

ldr is working wonders for me.  i find myself selfless ,loved and fully satisfied.   am so happy and all my life no man has ever made me happy like this.  well there are challenges at times but so far am having fun, feeling wonderful, loved and more beautiful inside out.   i love my boyfriend and since i met him though we take like a year without meeting as he is a southafrican who is working in usa and am staying in lesotho.  all i can say is we both happy and he give all the attention.  we ll know nothing feels as great as feeling love

James wrote:

Long distance relationships rarely work out unless one or the other is willing to move.

Generally speaking they are often just a pretext for many to obtain a visa that they would otherwise not be entitled to. They promise a relationship and once they obtain the much sought after visa disappear faster than Harry Houdina, leaving a path of destruction and debts for the unwary victims in their wake.

Half the time (especially women) enter into long distance relationships and move to countries where their human rights are severely restricted or non-existent without any more concern or preparation than popping down to the corner store to buy a copy of Vogue. They end up heartbroken and indebted as a result.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

This is the very situation I am in right now. Thanks for saying what's on my mind James. Long Distance relationships just doesn't work. Like what happened to me I was just used as a gateway to opportunities.

I must be the odd one out here then.

LDR has worked out for myself and my lovely Lao family. I work away, head home to Laos on my leave breaks and enjoy quality time with them.  I sometimes do not get home f or 6 moths at a time. 

Communication is the key to our LDR. My phone is on 24/7 so I am contactable wherever I am in the world.

Long distance relationship for me is what you know best about your sellf,you should know what you can do and what you can't do.if u know that not your style dn't force it cause it's won't [email protected]

Since the internet developed its dating and chat room services, the world has become a much smaller place. It has also become a much less truthful place.

I agree with your post Gravitas. 

Dishonesty seems to reign supreme now that the internet is well and truly entrenched in this technologically inclined world of ours.
Both my grandfathers told me to judge a person by their handshake, the look in their eyes and whether they looked at you directly when talking to to you. 
Anyone can write anything on a chatline or even photo shop a picture of them selves to fool someone with.

you are right but sometimes you have to trust your insticts and follow. your heart.  some of us we are so inlove with the guys we met on the social network well I must admit that at first it was stressing as part of you doubt and part of you want to continue.  but believe me you ldr still works .

LDR can be a form of brainwashing i.e. "we can't be together because...........(job, money, family, divorce, etc.). Personally (and experientially) I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" type of person. Because I am like that, I realise that other people are as well. So I would never trust a LDR relationship and would avoid getting involved in one by letting my guard down. For me, its too risky a way to live, relying on someone else. I do not believe in "the one", but that human's are social creatures who can adapt to different people and circumstances. The people who never come through are very often the ones that seem so perfect and appealing. In fact, that they can have that affect is actually all they want, often. They want someone to fall for them so deeply because then, when mission completed, there is no more challenge in that relationship.  I know - Im cynical.

Long distance relationships are not always working. But we can not say it is unsuccessful either. I had 2 relationships that never worked. But I met my 3rd initially as a friend  an year ago. After 8 months we decided to meet in person as lovers and there we got engaged. This 22nd we are getting married.

Perhaps you should judge the success of a "5 minute" relationship after a couple of years of cohabiting. I guess when you have one thing in mind you overlook all the negative things. Real life will be the real test - if you can actually arrange that with today's governments clamping down on marriages of convenience.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR