Jobs in Rio

Hello I am looking for a position in rio de janerio or Niteroi. I am finishing up my MBA and have 8 years worth of sales and marketing. I am fluent in Spanish and English and my Portuguese is limited. I have no problem relocating for the right position. If you know of a position that would be a good fit for me. Let me know. Thank you and have a nice day. You can contact me by email [email protected] with any leads.

Hi mulambdaline,

It would be best if you can post your job ad in the Jobs in Rio de Janeiro section.

Thank you and good luck

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello mulambdaline,

Good luck with that! As you may already be aware it is extremely difficult for expats to find work in Brazil, since the laws here require all employers to prove that they have exhausted all efforts to place qualified Brazilians in job vacancies before they can fill them with a foreign national.

Quite frankly you are going to face uphill sledding since the MBA course at Brazilian universities is one of the most sought after. We're grinding out MBAs down here at such a rate they'll never all find jobs.

At any rate, your easiest and most effective way to find work here in Brazil, short of a "boots on the ground" local job search here; would be to send your CV to multinational companies back in Texas that also would have operations here in Brazil, see if they can help you either in terms of direct placement or at least put you in touch with the right people in their HR Dept. here.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for the tip, I thought I had done that, lol

Orlando

Yeah I kind of new it was going to be an uphill battle but I'm not giving up, lol.  Companies in the US have do prove they couldnt find an American for the job either. As far as finding companies that have branches in Brazil, that's kind of hard.  Ive been reaching out to recruiters on LinkedIn as well. I dont want to move without having a job first.  If you have anyother tips, please let me know.

Orlando

I believe in your area : sales and marketing, perfect handling of portuguese is top priority. In some area like mine, IT, technical skill can compensate languages hesitation...in sales and marketing, do not even think about it. You never see people in companies not speaking perfectly portuguese. This is not US or Europe. I tested it personnally.
FYI, MBA is Brazil is not considered as a proper post-graduate diplomas ("Lato sensu postgraduate"). A master in Brazil is post-graduate and let you apply for study for a doctorat, MBA not (why it is still a Master of Business Adminstration...well this Brazil). Quite often these MBS' are not even taugh in English. Just to say that you will be in competition with people who have a MBA of lower quality but their diploma being Brazilian, they will be advantaged.
Definitely your best option is to find a job through a US company.

Yes, since Texas is one of the US oil producing states you will find many of the petroleum related companies there that also have operations here in Brazil. Companies like Halliburton, Transocean, Transmagno, Baker-Hughes, Acker Solutions, Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon-Mobil are all big here. You may wish to contact their HR Departments in Texas and see if they can help you in terms of direct placement or at least put you in touch with the right people in the HR Department in their Brazilian operations.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Bardamu,

It wasn't what I wanted to hear but thank you for the honesty. I know it's an uphill challenge, I'm still hoping for the best.

James,

Thank you again for your advice.