Visa extension

@Cabraman,

Mine was only issued for 3 months...

Ellion wrote:

@Cabraman,

Mine was only issued for 3 months...

From what I,ve read from other posts, the multi entry is much more expensive than single entry

So you should fly out or take bus to Cambodian border . Now it's highway robbery to renew . When you work here illegally , that's the price you have to pay .

travworld wrote:

So you should fly out or take bus to Cambodian border . Now it's highway robbery to renew .

Amen!

travworld wrote:

When you work here illegally , that's the price you have to pay .

Technically, that's true, but you know as well as I do that finding a school that will support you can be difficult.

I found this quote from a recent article about foreigners working in Hanoi w/o work permits a bit interesting:

Nguyen Thi Diep Hong, deputy head of the department's foreign-related education office, said that some educational centres organised only short-term courses, and thus hired only part-time foreign staff. As a result, some of these foreigners worked without permits.

I am not working here illegally, but yeah I have opted for flying out... It costs me less to fly+pay visa fees abroad than renewing here...

Hi all, I may being drawing a long bow here, but , with all this talk about $$$$ has any one thought this may be inspiring the travel agents to jack up the prices, forgive me if im wrong, but how many times when it's been mentioned does some local troll pop up and offer services (apologies to the genuine ones ). I recall shortly after I joined, some members were ( boasting ) about what they were paying for rent. You can't blame oppertunists for seeing us as cash cows. It may be better to tone things down for a while . A big ask given the scope of the problem. P/Ms wouldn't work as others need feed back to. Any ideas ????

Spot on mark.
I suggest Expat.com vietnam forum be a genuine 'expat' blog.
Take a look at Dave's forum.All expats or planners.
It seems this site has been flooded with non expats wanting
A. Free English practice.
B. Free advertising.
C. Free 'meet a foreigner' venue.

Without being obstructive this is getting off topic now. By all means open a new thread.

jimbream wrote:

Spot on mark.
I suggest Expat.com vietnam forum be a genuine 'expat' blog.
Take a look at Dave's forum.All expats or planners.
It seems this site has been flooded with non expats wanting
A. Free English practice.
B. Free advertising.
C. Free 'meet a foreigner' venue.

Exactly.   How can a Vietnamese be an expat in Vietnam?

I am not saying we shouldn't have V'nese on the forum, the ones from the beginning were very helpful, 2 I know personally ( Anniest and Rosyvn ) were here to help us, they left because of all the sarc I suspect THD did the same?. It's a fine line for the moderators to make the call between trolls and legit posters. My concern is the Oppertunists!!   .Sorry Stumpy, I'll shut up now

Hello all,

Carefull not to go off Topic, the subject is about Visa extension.

Anybody who has relevant info about this subject, please go ahead, otherwise abstain from posting.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Marjorie wrote:

Hello all,

Anybody who has relevant info about this subject, please go ahead, otherwise abstain from posting.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Marjorie, why are vietnamese nationals accepted here as expats? If they live in their own country how can they be expats?

cabraman wrote:
Marjorie wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you,
Marjorie

Marjorie, why are vietnamese nationals accepted here as expats? If they live in their own country how can they be expats?

Shhh.
It's clickbait.And 'visa extensions' is a perfect topic for reading about who is doing visa extensions.And I'm sure since the New decree came into force,extending a visa was not a legal option.Disregarding VEC.And with a work permit,there is no visa.It's a residency card.

http://blog.rushvietnamvisa.com/blog/20 … s-vietnam/  chapter 11 article 8-12 / students.. article 8-17 DL tourists ...article 9-7 extensions

MarkinNam wrote:

http://blog.rushvietnamvisa.com/blog/2014/11/19/law-472014qh13-law-entry-exit-transit-residence-foreigners-vietnam/  chapter 11 article 8-12 / students.. article 8-17 DL tourists ...article 9-7 extensions

The laws are determined by the official who you are dealing with, there is no such thing as the law being followed by every official in the same way, it just doesn't happen.

you know what a knuckle shuffler is,   w2345r they must love the power

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed , please register in the business directory

Well, in Nha Trang visa extensions are returning to a reasonable level in price. Still double what they were before but that's how they play the game here.   

I paid $110 for 3 mth single DL.  I've heard others getting $90. 

When they were quoting $280, most people I know here took a holiday to PP or Snooky.  So the agents got nothing except a lot of bad publicity for Vietnam toursim which is already hurting them. I've never seen Nha Trang as quiet as it is now. 

Since I'm not heading away again for an extension, I'll be loading my bike up and heading off into the hills and back across to the coast for a few days.  A few hotels and restaurants in Vietnam will get my business instead of the mob in neighbouring countries.   

Seems simple doesn't it.?   Keeping the customers they've already got spending on their side of the border.

Yogi,the problem is,will they ever wake up. They are so fixated on the short term buck that the future is never thought about. Viet Nam tourism is going down the drain, they have had 30 years to learn and improve on it, yet all they are concerned with is the powerful dollar. I read an article written by a long term travel agent here in Viet Nam,he said he advised them nearly 12 years ago this would happen,they just ignored his advice because he wasnt Vietnamese.

Yogi007 wrote:

Well, in Nha Trang visa extensions are returning to a reasonable level in price. Still double what they were before but that's how they play the game here.   

I paid $110 for 3 mth single DL.  I've heard others getting $90. 

When they were quoting $280, most people I know here took a holiday to PP or Snooky.  So the agents got nothing except a lot of bad publicity for Vietnam toursim which is already hurting them. I've never seen Nha Trang as quiet as it is now. 

Since I'm not heading away again for an extension, I'll be loading my bike up and heading off into the hills and back across to the coast for a few days.  A few hotels and restaurants in Vietnam will get my business instead of the mob in neighbouring countries.   

Seems simple doesn't it.?   Keeping the customers they've already got spending on their side of the border.

Yogi, Can you tell me the name, address and phone number of that agent?   On March 28 MikeQT posted that he got his 3 month single DL extension for $90 from Thuan Viet Travel in Nha Trang, but when my VN g/f rang them she was quoted $150.   Did you use this agent?

That's the one.  Lai 0915050903.   48 Nguyen thiien thuat. Nha Trang.

I was quoted $85 a month ago , but as usual the price seems to "bounce around".   i couldn't bother with haggling .

reasonable price ? two year ago I payed visa extension 10 usd and last year 30 usd !!!!

Yogi007 wrote:

That's the one.  Lai 0915050903.   48 Nguyen thiien thuat. Nha Trang.

I was quoted $85 a month ago , but as usual the price seems to "bounce around".   i couldn't bother with haggling .

Thanks Yogi :)

Moderated by Christine
Reason: free advertising is not allowed + please post useful info on the forum

I got 3 months multiple entry flying in to HCMC. 95 USD for stamp and 30 USD for approval letter but I heard there are better deals out there, especially if you just go to Cambodia and back.

cabraman wrote:

I don't know why you and Jim need to think like this? If someone who is Vietnamese but who love/get married with a foreigner, and she/he wants to know more about Visa, about foreign culture, where they should go to learn about it? Don't talk to me that you don't want/need your wife/gf's caring/sharing.

This is free forum, for anyone else who care about "foreign" things. We have spam everywhere, it's Mod/Admin's job. Your job is pressing report button, if you don't like something.

Life is so short to discuss something like this or make everything more important than it is. But I just want to talk about this once, that foreigners or Vietnamese are not important, we are here to help each other as much as we can. That's all!

cabraman wrote:

Cause the admin see some contribution by Vietnamese, maybe

Can we all please stick to the subject which is visa extensions.
Admin are likely to close this thread if the posts become   :offtopic:  and personal. 

Thank you all.

ngattt wrote:
cabraman wrote:

I don't know why you and Jim need to think like this? If someone who is Vietnamese but who love/get married with a foreigner, and she/he wants to know more about Visa, about foreign culture, where they should go to learn about it? Don't talk to me that you don't want/need your wife/gf's caring/sharing.

This is free forum, for anyone else who care about "foreign" things. We have spam everywhere, it's Mod/Admin's job. Your job is pressing report button, if you don't like something.

Life is so short to discuss something like this or make everything more important than it is. But I just want to talk about this once, that foreigners or Vietnamese are not important, we are here to help each other as much as we can. That's all!

Hey ngattt.
Don't bring me into your rant.
If this is a 'free forum' as you say it is,then you have no right to tell people what they can or cannot say.
True?
Or is this your idea of debate practice?
I've seen it a lot.
A Vietnamese who is well versed in English gets bored with chit-chat and decides the best way to improve their ""I know more than you"" attitude is to start arguements or 'discussions' with a foreigner.

So let us do as stumpy has said.

Hi everyone > some posts have been moderated and removed from this thread. Please can we now get back on the topic which is Visa extension? Thank you

Dear all,

I will come back to the extension issue. I've been to the new immigration office in Dist. 3, HCMC last week. The lady told me that I have to extend my Tourist-Visa by an agency.
Now is the question, because I know there are a lot of overprized offers: Does anyone know a cheap and trustworthy agency where I can extend my Visa for 3 month?

Franzi

franziskasarah wrote:

Dear all,

I will come back to the extension issue. I've been to the new immigration office in Dist. 3, HCMC last week. The lady told me that I have to extend my Tourist-Visa by an agency.
Now is the question, because I know there are a lot of overprized offers: Does anyone know a cheap and trustworthy agency where I can extend my Visa for 3 month?

Franzi

I have this contact who I always ask for making Visa for my client. Currently price is USD175 for 1 month Visa, USD210 for 3 months visa (single and still not include VAT).

Mr. Ha
Number: 0909 25 04 06 or 0919 33 12 85

I'm not sure that he can speak English very well. I think he should.

looks like mr Ha is not competitive with other agents yeh? haha

MarkinNam wrote:

looks like mr Ha is not competitive with other agents yeh? haha

I will greatly appreciate if someone can help me with more competitive contact :D Many thanks :)

Never tried her but it does list her prices..

http://www.chiscafe.com/visas.html

"do not include VAT"   ... haha what VAT!!

I always extended visa for my friends every 3 months,  and i used to go to the d1 to ask the travel agent and they were cost me $175 for DL single entry so i wondered how does it cost that much, so i was tried to ask a lot of person and i met a guy at D7, he  charge me a price is not bad. for the DL single that cost $95. if you guys wanna know about that, pm me.

I just paid $175.00 for 3 months single entry.

what? serious? you mean $175. that's a lot like i paid in the past. so if you wanna ask him. i"ll give you his number: 0948163595. his name is Ninh.

Thx!

Depends where you are , if in HCMC its 95 if its in Hanoi its 175 , If you fly into HCMC its cheaper if you fly into Hanoi its more expensive . Why! You have to pay more hands for handling the visa and passport. Hint;  coming in the near future USA passports will enjoy 1 year Visa's .