Oman visa cancellation

I left on Oman 20 oct2013 . I not cancelled my Oman visa . decber 2014  I got  new job in Oman . my question is my visa  automatic cancellation done or not . I can go to oman without visa problem

Hello ravikcenaa & welcome on board!

The visa issue is often discussed in our Visas for Oman section. You may find your answer in one of the threads over there while waiting for members to revert back to you.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

what is the oman new rule & old rule for auto visa cancellation period ?

ravikcenaa wrote:

I left on Oman 20 oct2013 . I not cancelled my Oman visa . decber 2014  I got  new job in Oman . my question is my visa  automatic cancellation done or not . I can go to oman without visa problem

Hi ravikcenaa,

When you exit Oman without cancelling your employment visa and do not report back to work in due course, it is technically classified as a case of employee 'absconding'.

Your employer can register you as an 'absconder' with the Ministry of Manpower and the Royal Oman Police. A notice advertisement to that effect is also published mandatorily in a couple of local newspapers - both English and Arabic - displaying the absconder's photograph. If these standard procedures have been done in your case by your former employer then you would face issues when your new employer applies for your employment visa. Else there may not be any issues.

Always when you do things which are against the rules, expect to face the consequences.

sumitran sir ,

i want ask you some clarification 1. I not left my company without inform 2. my company is terminated me for projects not they have 3. they given me a month of salary then send me airport but not cancelled my visa .4 its my first abroad job so I not have enough knowledge for about visa 5 .company told me we will cancell your visa .6 I asking you howmany month I can't go for Oman for old Oman rule because new rule came on July 1 2014  but I left on 20 Oct 2013 .

ravikcenaa wrote:

sumitran sir ,

i want ask you some clarification 1. I not left my company without inform 2. my company is terminated me for projects not they have 3. they given me a month of salary then send me airport but not cancelled my visa .4 its my first abroad job so I not have enough knowledge for about visa 5 .company told me we will cancell your visa .6 I asking you howmany month I can't go for Oman for old Oman rule because new rule came on July 1 2014  but I left on 20 Oct 2013 .

Hi ravikcenaa,

Your previous employer's actions are indeed strange. Wonder why they did not cancel your visa on your exit. In any case the 2-year waiting period rule will not be applicable in your case since you have exited much earlier.

But non-cancellation of your employment visa while exiting might be an issue. Sometimes unscrupulous employers use unethical practices and back-hand tactics like this to block their former employees from coming back and joining their competitors.

Good luck.

sir ,
        thank you very much for your reply . now I am clear my doubt. I want one more answer old Oman rule is six months ban it is wright or wrong ? . then how to check my visa cancelled ?