Trying to renew my visa for another 3 months

Is anyone else attempting to get their visa renewed this week?? I was told there's some kind of change in immigration policy that's preventing it. Can anyone help me?

Hey so I posted something earlier about how difficult it is to get my VISA extended since the law changed January 1st. I have since been told it might cost me $200 or more to get it extended in time. Does anyone have experience leaving the country and coming back in order to get a new VISA? How much did the experience cost you? Thanks guys!  This is urgent, please help!!

Albinofrog, are you trying to renew through a travel agent?, I just check [email protected]        +1-800-642-1567    +84 909 343 525 and they show no changes

I've already contacted them :/  They too told me that because of the new law it will be much more expensive

They just told me it would cost over $200

New laws came in 1st of January,best to head over to Phnom Penh.

Hi Colin , did some one just dubb you with the oscopee or are you a rectal examineer ( he he he ), do you have a link regarding the law changes  :/  Mark

See #11 Mark:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=408156

Rick

MarkinNam wrote:

Hi Colin , did some one just dubb you with the oscopee or are you a rectal examineer ( he he he ), do you have a link regarding the law changes  :/  Mark

Mark, I have given up rectal examinations but still keep the same user name,lol.
In relation to the new changes it really is a nightmare at the moment as nobody seems to know exactly what is going on, it's just too early to get a clear definition of the changes. They have been talking about only issuing a single visa and leaving the country when it expires for quite some time,but as with anything here, it has ways around the it so just have to wait and see. Viet Na m changes its visa laws so often that even the agents and lawyers have trouble keeping up with it.

Rick, I just finished reading the Ministry of Justice release,so bloody long. I read on another site that a  VEC may be stamped every 6 months instead of every 3 months,have you any info about that if it's actually true.

colinoscapee wrote:

Rick, I just finished reading the Ministry of Justice release,so bloody long. I read on another site that a  VEC may be stamped every 6 months instead of every 3 months,have you any info about that if it's actually true.

I'm starting to get a good handle on it, but I won't know for sure till Monday and when we do our regular 3 month renewals in Hau Giang. I'll post when I get back. Didn't know you had a VEC??

Yes I have, I just don't mention it before.

albinofrog wrote:

They just told me it would cost over $200

Typical stuff, they obviously have No idea themselves. Sounds like they are fishing for an amount they think expats will pay instead of doing a run to Cambodia.  I've just emailed an agent in Phnom Penh for a price on 3 month visa single entry.   I recently got a Visa on arrival for $70 all up including stamping, but that's only for AIR arrivals.   Even if they charge $100 over there, it's a bit of fun for a few days to go across. The Cambodian visa Is $30 approx issued on the bus.

The agents here will no doubt "pick" an amount that's just a bit cheaper than doing a run.

Let's wait and see what I hear back from the Cambodian agent. 

I've been doing 3 mth extension for 3 years now.  I'd get a TRC but I don't need to work, and don't want to form a company. That's a can of worms I don't want . Apparantly I've got to have a work permit and a Company to get a TRC.. Why..?  If you just a self funded retiree.

I'm hearing extensions are out and that you need to leave and re-enter the country on a new visa.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/22008/vi … -countries check this out from the ministry

I'm trying.  No good news so far.  Thinking of heading home a month early.  It looks like it can be done but with a new visa requiring a trip out of the country.  That plus lots more money.  But just like in the US, the government isn't a rational entity.

Just had a reply here from HCM visa agent quoting $185usd.   7 days processing.
Looks like it can be done.

Which agent?

Of course it can be done,charge 100% more and bingo it's possible. Ha Noi has no control over anything in this country,Cambodia is looking better by the year.

Gphillips wrote:

Which agent?

Hi mate, just back from the beach....it's a hard life.
The lady's on this forum.. Vietnam-Travel-142
Hong lee is her name.    She's in HCM.  Address 184/1A LE Van sy, ward 10' Phu Nhuan. It's Near a church.
She didn't post a No .  She was on one of these threads about visa ,so I messaged .  She quoted USD$185.     7 days turn around.

Best of luck

Yogi007 wrote:
Gphillips wrote:

Which agent?

Hi mate, just back from the beach....it's a hard life.
The lady's on this forum.. Vietnam-Travel-142
Hong lee is her name.    She's in HCM.  Address 184/1A LE Van sy, ward 10' Phu Nhuan. It's Near a church.
She didn't post a No .  She was on one of these threads about visa ,so I messaged .  She quoted USD$185.     7 days turn around.

Best of luck

Just curious, what type of visa is she going to provide for the $185.00?

Rick

Ha ha ,amazing. The price just dropped. Someone must be following this website.
The price $185 was for 3 mths single entry.  Renewing an old B3.

Another agent just rang me then.. $175 same deal.   Last week the rumours were over $200.

Just keep waiting.

Please let me throw some unrequested advice out. The New Decree  is less than 2 weeks on the books, I was told at Immergration today when renewing our VEC's that the circular that will provide the guidance on how it will be implemented won't be out for another 90 days, maybe less. I would be extremely wary of any visa sellers at this point and keep my money and passport real close to home. A VOA letter with the new designated visa yes, but a in-country renewal  of the old ones?

Rick

Thanks Rick,
The Visa agent I spoke to today that quoted $175. 3 mths single entry , WAS VERY KEEN on getting my passport NOW even though my visa doesn't expire until 5/2/15.    ????

Normally a couple of days in advance is the normal procedure.  There's always an "angle" in doing things here.  Cambodian travel agents are still charging the same fee for a 3 mths visa ,that they were charging 18 months ago.

The usual deal in VN is about $50 for the first extension.  Why all of a sudden $175 ??? Surely the admin costs couldn't have nearly quadrupled.

Yogi007 wrote:

Thanks Rick,
The Visa agent I spoke to today that quoted $175. 3 mths single entry , WAS VERY KEEN on getting my passport NOW even though my visa doesn't expire until 5/2/15.    ????

Normally a couple of days in advance is the normal procedure.  There's always an "angle" in doing things here.  Cambodian travel agents are still charging the same fee for a 3 mths visa ,that they were charging 18 months ago.

The usual deal in VN is about $50 for the first extension.  Why all of a sudden $175 ??? Surely the admin costs couldn't have nearly quadrupled.

Your right, their just trying to take advantage of the situation. What would be great is if everybody that's here legally and has the proper back-up documents download the VN form n14 fill it out and turn it into Immergration themselves. It's really not that hard and they all have folks that can speak English some what, again I qualify that if your legit. That would blow these visa sellers back into reality. These guys don't even need a license to provide the service here in VN, dishwasher yesterday and today selling visa's. Most don't even have a office only a cell phone number that's why they want to do pick-up and delivery.

Yogi007 wrote:

Thanks Rick,

maybe caphee cash

The boys and gals in immigration just looking to prop up their incomes. As usual it's another total mess by incompetent people. They just can't seem to leave it alone. They can screw with the visas as it's an easy target,what about doing something about the dog restaurants that are out of control.

colinoscapee wrote:

...what about doing something about the dog restaurants that are out of control.

They had a price increase as well?

Teacher Mark wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

...what about doing something about the dog restaurants that are out of control.

I don't eat dog, so not sure what they charge. I know that new dog restaurants seem to be opening everywhere.

A lot of different news...different blabla..why they have no one tell the truth about the procedures and Price???yesterday another news that they cannot process, give new extension visa herein need to go cmbodia vtnm embassy...

colinoscapee wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I don't eat dog, so not sure what they charge. I know that new dog restaurants seem to be opening everywhere.

if they get rid of the westerners with the screwy noses they can eat as much as they want wherever

Maybe you don't realise Mark but many dogs eaten at these restaurants are people's pets that are stolen.

I managed to renew my Visa in December - I go through an agent and he got me a 6 month Visa. Cost me over $300

ghengis212 wrote:

I managed to renew my Visa in December - I go through an agent and he got me a 6 month Visa. Cost me over $300

You might want to look at that blue stamp again. They haven't issued 6 month visa's for a looooong time, A 6 month extension? Trust me on this one, if it's signed by Donald Duck be advised, he's not a VN government official.

Budman1 wrote:
ghengis212 wrote:

You might want to look at that blue stamp again. They haven't issued 6 month visa's for a looooong time, A 6 month extension? Trust me on this one, if it's signed by Donald Duck be advised, he's not a VN government official.

I was thinking the same thing.

Just before New Year I extended my child's visa, I was told right before was a good time and only paid $25. I go to extend mine now and they shake their head in confusion and said they'd have to see my passport and ask before they can give me a price on my extension. Very unlucky time to need an extension.  :/

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

Just before New Year I extended my child's visa, I was told right before was a good time and only paid $25. I go to extend mine now and they shake their head in confusion and said they'd have to see my passport and ask before they can give me a price on my extension. Very unlucky time to need an extension.  :/

But for an over inflated price it can be done.

colinoscapee wrote:

Maybe you don't realise Mark but many dogs eaten at these restaurants are people's pets that are stolen.

Colin I wasn't trying to be funny , but sarcastic re the law changes, I'm more of a dog lover than a fan of humans, they aren't so fickle

Mark, it's a little bit hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic just from a statement.I try and use lol at the end to show I was trying to be humourous.

understood