Geothermal heating in Bulgaria

I remember reading an article that geothermal heating for residential buildings was becoming more popular in the Balkans, but if I recall, it was talking about serbia and croatia area.

My husband and I are debating building a new home vs. renovating an old home. One of the benefits of building new is to use more green technology. Does anyone know if there are companies that install geothermal heat pumps in Bulgaria? A link to the website and ideas about pricing would be great too (Looking at about 100 square meter house, maybe 120... mostly geothermal for winter heating, possibly for water heating too, depending on the cost).

Hi, we are in the process of renovating and extending a property to 270 sq metres near Burgas and were advised by our builder not to use geothermal heating.

Instead we have opted for wood burners with water tanks on each floor for centrally heated radiators and electric heaters for hot water. Electricity it seems is quite cheap.

Hope this helps.

Regards

R

Can you share why your builder recommended against it? We had a fireplace hooked up to radiators in the house we rented in Varna, but it ended up being more expensive than we thought it would be to heat it, and the fireplace being on another floor made it very inconvenient to heat through the night. Plus, from what I understand, geothermal heating also offers cooling properties during the summer...

Our builder said that to install this heating system into an existing property would be very expensive. On the other hand to fit it into a new build is much cheaper.

We have 3 stories in our house and a wood burner on the ground floor feeds 4 radiators on the ground floor only.
A second and larger wood burner is on the first floor and feeds 8 radiators, 4 on the 2nd floor and 4 on the 3rd floor.

We also have air condition units on each floor that can provide extra heating if required.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. :)

Hi,
I would advice  to find a contractor that is dealing with both Heat ex changers and and wood burning heating. You can you combination of two for the real cold nights in winter.