Visa profession change for Mechanical eng. diploma holder

Hi,

Request you to please answer for my query, I have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, since my current profession is some kind of electrician, I need to change my Visa profession with this certificate , so if I produce my certificate for visa profession changing what ever profession is available in Oman as core staff (for office job), as my knowledge, authority will not consider such certificate for engineer visa. so please let me know if some one aware about the detail. because I cannot approach to company PRO without some idea.

Thanks,
Ajeesh

Hi Ajeesh,

Profession changing is more or less an easy task in oman some months back, but now its a hectic thing to get it done.

If you are actually in a construction company, you will find it difficult for visa profession changing as there is a ban for profession change for companies in construction field.

As far as normal process is concerned, you will have to produce your original degree certificate which is attested by the Indian embassy, and your PRO will have to make an arabic form of request to get the visa profession change. Once you get the approval from ministry, you will have to go for revising the resident card. This is the normal process.

But i would suggest you to pleas check with your PRO whether any ban of such kind as i mentioned above is still there or not.

Wish you good luck.

Thanks
Sphinz.

ajeshkkumar wrote:

Hi,

Request you to please answer for my query, I have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, since my current profession is some kind of electrician, I need to change my Visa profession with this certificate , so if I produce my certificate for visa profession changing what ever profession is available in Oman as core staff (for office job), as my knowledge, authority will not consider such certificate for engineer visa. so please let me know if some one aware about the detail. because I cannot approach to company PRO without some idea.

Thanks,
Ajeesh

Dear Ajesh,
Please note that "Engineering Visa" is limited to Engineering Degree holders. Diploma certificates don't fall under engineering status catagory. However, it has been noted in Oman that many of the diploma holders are working on engineering status for quite a long time. But this practice is changed during the past few months and the authorities, now, are not issuing the engineering visa untill the employer submits the original "Engineering" degree of the candidate.

Nevertheless, it also depends upon your employer's influence on the visa issuing authorities as the engineering visa is considered to be one of the top most expensive visas among all.