Clearance for labour ministry

If i am waiting for clearance for labour card, can i still reside in Muscat while i wait

Hi krissy archer,

You post is not clear.

What do you mean by "waiting for clearance for labour card" ?

If you are on an employment visa, then you can just go and get your resident card processed within a matter of an hour maximum.

If you are on a dependent visa, the same is the case too.

There is no 'waiting' or any 'clearance' required for getting the resident card - provided you are either on an employment visa or have come on a family joining visa.

If you are not on both, then you do not qualify for getting a resident card.

Hi, i am so sorry for being unclear. I am engaged to a someone who resides in Muscat but i am still in america and i am waiting to hear if a company approves for me to work with them in Muscat, but while i wait i want to reside with my fiance and was wondering if there are proper  steps i need to take..

Hi krissy archer,

Well, the only way you could come and be with your fiance here in Oman is by getting yourself a visit visa. If you hold an American passport you are eligible to get a visa on arrival. But that visa will be valid only be for a temporary period.

Can you tell me what is the longest period i can stay on a visit visa

Hi krissy archer,

Every visit visa is valid for a period of 3 months, and extendable by 1-more month. So maximum is 4-months, after which the visa holder has to necessarily exit the Sultanate and return.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for all your help.