Visiting Singapore for a week

Hi (^_^)
I came from Melbourne, Australia for 2 weeks holiday.
I already spent 9 days in Singapore. I visited CQ, ION, Orchad road, Sentosa and Marina bay.

Is there anything else to visit in Singapore?
Also a good club for the weekend?

Nothing much , would suggest crossing the border to Malaysia. Take a local bus out. Besides, have you made a walk to heritage sites in Singapore? Goggle those. Macritche reservour is a good place for walk in the morning.

We visited a nature preserve in the middle of the island for a walk there once but I forget the name of that park.  A short trek in a tropical natural area might be more interesting to people from the Northern hemisphere since you don't need to go far North of Melbourne to see some of the same.

On the trip before last we did go to the Southern edge of Malaysia to see Legoland (a theme park for kids), and it's only an hour plus over there, just not sure what else is there to see, didn't look like much.  We visited the Universal Park in Sentosa last time but I wouldn't recommend that, except maybe for a 10 year old.

Chinatown is nice for getting something to eat in the evening or buying tourist trinkets but in 9 days you must've seen that.  We end up visiting Singapore a lot but I normally wouldn't want to spend even a week there since there's not that much to it.  It would be a good chance to look a bit deeper than the top ten-type places we end up going, maybe researching through guides or travel summary sites.

raames>> Thanks, I'll google it. Hope that I'll find something interesting.

bkk tea blog>> Thanks a lot. I'm planning to visit Malaysia for 2 days, hope it will be worth it.
Also China town and Arab street in Singapore for the food.
I'm planing to visit Singapore Tourist Info Centre at Orchad road, hope it will help.

I just saw a post in a different group about someone trying to visit places that locals go to rather than tourists.  This seemed like an interesting idea, a different starting point.

Most of the advice you'd get in most places, or from most online resources or guidebooks, would be about the same top-ten type places the Lonely Planet would list.  Nothing wrong with that, and surely those are interesting, but sometimes locals do have a different take, different destinations or activities.  Where I live (Thailand, Bangkok) language would be a major hurdle to doing anything lots of foreigners don't already do but of course not in Singapore (and really not so much here as in places like China, Japan, or Korea where English uptake runs behind here).

As an example, I wanted to try bia hoi, local non pasteurized beer, when I visited Hanoi last month.  It's not exactly a secret that Lonely Planet wouldn't have heard of, but the search took us to a slightly seedy part of town a few blocks from where tourists would normally go, crowded with young locals and Asian visitors.  In a way it was the opposite experience of a micro-brew, with interesting but light beer selling for 30 cents a small cup on open sidewalk tables, versus 5 dollars or more for a craft brew in brick and brass surroundings. 

I don't know what the equivalent is for Singapore, or if there even is one.  And actually the example is a tangent; the original point was more about visiting state parks versus world heritage sites anyway.

Oh That's a great idea.. I'll check it out.. Thanks heaps..