Any Africans here? Need advice on Kenyan getting visa on arrival

Hi, I am an American and my gf and I want to relocate from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.

She had a very difficult time getting a tourist visa into Thailand (we waited for 5 weeks for it to happen in Penang).

I know, from past experience, I will be able to easily come in and get a tourist or normal visa....but am not sure if she will experience any hassles because of her Kenyan passport.

Ideally, we would both like to get the normal visa.

Can anyone here give me any advice or opinion on her chances or lack thereof in Siem Reap and Cambodia?

Thanks so much.

Terence

lometogo wrote:

Hi, I am an American and my gf and I want to relocate from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.

She had a very difficult time getting a tourist visa into Thailand (we waited for 5 weeks for it to happen in Penang).

I know, from past experience, I will be able to easily come in and get a tourist or normal visa....but am not sure if she will experience any hassles because of her Kenyan passport.

Ideally, we would both like to get the normal visa.

Can anyone here give me any advice or opinion on her chances or lack thereof in Siem Reap and Cambodia?

Thanks so much.

Terence

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to state the obvious but have you contacted the Cambodian Embassy in Thailand for information.
From what little I know your GF cannot get a visa on arrival.

Perhaps other forum members will also give you some information.

Yes DO yourself a favor .contact the Cambodia embassy where u are . Its a lot easier , then being held up in an airport and have to return if it doesn't work out , and then thailand will want an explanation of y you two are back so quickly! Check it out at the Cambo embassy! good luck!

see my friend ...
very easy solution you can go cambodia embassy ask for business visa for her even if they ask you for some small extra money its ok
dont go to risk and try get visa from border or airport for here as its independ on the officer and how you can handel this matter
but just you get one month business visa for here you go phnom penh or even siem reap and extend 12 month more by 300 usd from any agency
extension is easy but important to get the business visa
embassy in Vietnam Hanoi is good and you can try with embassy here in Thailand
she should have near 1000 usd in her pocket as some times they ask 
any inquiry bout siem reap or Cambodia you can ask me i was been many many times for business there
you welcome

Thanks to everyone for your help.. Much appreciated.

terence

Those seeking work in Cambodia should opt for the business visa as, officially, it is easily extended for long periods and, unofficially, can be extended indefinitely, including multiple entries and exits. A tourist visa can be extended only once and only for one month, and does not allow for re-entry.

Thanks, Drake. If one applies for the business visa (is it not called the normal visa now?), will immigration officials ask you what sort of business you intend?

Officially, we work online, for overseas clients.....would it be wise or unwise to tell them that if asked? I mean, I am assuming if you want a business visa, you might be asked this question. Am I right?

Thanks, Terence

almost of traveler tell when immigration ask this question that they will buy a bar in siem reap ( buy business ) and actually its very easy to buy business by only few thousand of dollars in siem reap
if you want ask about official ( immigration can ask for letter from company in Cambodia )  special for your girl friend ( for you no )
but you can solve it ( just talk with persons in immigration ) and be flexible every thing will be great