Want to know more about life in Jordan

Hi everyone. We are a family with 2 daughters relocating from Abu dhabi to Amman next month. My daughter are 5 and 3 years old,im 32 stay at home mom.I would like to know more about life in Jordan and meet new people. Thank you and happy new ear.

Hi RalucaT,

As you were previously off topic, i have created a new thread with your post on the Jordan forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Welcome on board  :cheers:

In what area you are going to live and what do you want to know about the Jordanian life?
What do you like to do, what are your hobbies?

We will be living in jabal Amman and I am looking for activities for the kids as well as moms groups to get to know other moms. We are relocating from Abu dhabi and it is quite hard not knowing anyone. Thanks a lot

Hey!
I also moved from Abu Dhabi to Jordan last year. It was a hard transition to be honest. But once you get the hang of it, it's pretty cool here!
It's different, I'll give you that.
The beauty of it is that there's so many places to go and things to see.
You can contact me if you have any questions I would love to help, because I would've loved it if someone helped me out when I first got here.

Hi dyeee,I've just seen your reply. We actually just moved to Amman today. Do you have a contact no? Thank you

welcome 2 Jordan

Well, Jordan is a small country but not as small as Dubai. The capital is Amman. It is about six million inhabitants.
In a way, it is modernized country. now we are in winter that lasts until  the middle of March , then spring comes and lasts until June. It is the best season in the year. People are generally nice and serious. The life here is expensive
but there is a way for every body to live in. It is recommended to visit the dead sea, Jerash and Petra.
For further details please feel free to ask any questions of your concern.
Sincertely,
fathy Abdel

Hi, Jordan is a small country with few natural resources, but it has played a pivotal role in the struggle for power in the Middle East. I have been to that place through “Mantis Tourism & Attractions”. Now a day's Jordan has become famous for the high standard of crafts available to tourists and local people alike. Jordan is a tolerant, Islamic state that welcomes all religions. A majority of Jordanians are Muslim, about 92% are Sunni Muslim, and 1% are Shia or Sufi. Cities in the south of Jordan, have the highest percentage of Muslims. Christians, living mostly in Amman or the Jordan Valley.

Hope you like it here. I think the best thing in such situations it to connect with people from similar background, they mostly will have comparable thoughts and needs. Jordan generally is safe and easy to live/blend in. People are kind and ready to help.  You are moving to a decent neighborhood. There is a lot of activities out there and it depends on your preference (sports, pleasure, food). The green area is limited as well as public parks and mostly you have to pay (expensive rates, generally speaking) for such activities.
welcome to Jordan  :)