Water sports activities ho chi minh city

I am just wondering if anyone has any information about water sports (canoeing, paddling, stand up paddling) teams, or clubs in Ho Chi Minh City. I have researched and understand there is a Vietnam canoe rowing and sailing Federation but see that this is primarily based in Hanoi.

I am an active water sports person enjoying surfing (i understand i will not be able to do this in Ho chi minh city itself) paddling, and stand up paddling. I have canoes and stand up paddle boards and I will be moving to Ho Chi Minh city in July I am looking for a place/club where i can not only keep this equipment but practice and train as well. Also keen to meet others and join a club if possible.

Any leads would be great! Thanks!!!

You will have to pay Duty and VAT on all that stuff.

The SaiGon River, downtown, is far too busy for a canoe, and the sewage canals are filled with ... sewage.

There are water sports and wind surfing around GPS: 10.677992, 106.751993 and 10.588574, 106.854389 south of Quan 7.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads - Do not post external links here pls
Jaitch wrote:

You will have to pay Duty and VAT on all that stuff.

The SaiGon River, downtown, is far too busy for a canoe, and the sewage canals are filled with ... sewage.

There are water sports and wind surfing around GPS: 10.677992, 106.751993 and 10.588574, 106.854389 south of Quan 7.

I see your post is older but since the topic popped up to the top, I thought I would comment.  I checked out the two spots (not on the ground of course.)  The first looks like it is close to the ferry landing and still downstream of the city's sewage but maybe not a bad location.  The second, nearly inside the Can Gio reserve, looks like crocodiles could be a hazard!   :(

hi, I m also a water sport enthusiast (surf, bb, sup, skim, kayak, canoe ... ) looking for spots in Saigon
if u have any info since ur latest post pls let me know
aloha

Quite enough nice places to enjoy rivers around HCMC (D9, D7, Cu Chi, Can Gio). Rivers are far less polluted than 15 years ago. There are also many "cleaner" tributaries that networks in all suburbs. Water is still brown though. Traffic on small rivers is very low. Lots of green scenery.
I kept a 7meters fishing boat for over a decade. Now keep it to kayak level. Less hassle, quieter and some exercise.

Just wonders if you are still living in Ho Chi Minh City? Did you found any water sports spot yet? I am looking for some opportunity to sell some rowing/canoe/kayak boats and some SUP board to Vietnam, and I am looking for a partner ;)