Original documents

Dear all,

I need your help. My potential employer there in Muscat is demanding my original attested documents. They said me to courier them all my original documents so they can process my visa application as original documents need is raised according to new policy by Oman government.
Is this correct or there are some other reasons? I am puzzled whether I should send them my documents or not?

Regards

Muhammad Ahsan

There are no such kind of rules as per my knowledge. I think your employer does not want you to go for some other offer after the visa process. Dont send the Originals.

Dear Muhammad Ahsan,
                                          I don,t know the oman's new labour law but I got a job offer & my hr ask me the attested Original certificate so i sent my original diploma certificate on 5/12/14 till i didn't get the visa. Now i can't attend any other interviews & offers so pls don't sent original certificates(educational) if much needed to sent it. More employers are collect the OG certificates & hold u with they.  U don't go the better offers so pls think well & send it.

Hi,

Sharing again for the benefit of others as well :

Sending the original certificates to an unknown company can be very risky.

I have already written about the risks involved in the forum.

If your future employer loses / misplaces your certificates, you can do nothing about it.

Better be safe than be sorry.

Good luck.