Higher Education for Non Saudis in Riyadh

Hello, I am planning to move to Saudi Arabia for better professional opportunities. I am trying to find out if there are any Colleges or universities offering Bachelors degree for expats ?

People who travel to Saudi Arabia to study Islamic education, people usually travel to Canada to study university

Bro, www.alfaisal.edu

I understand your point Ehtesham, I am actually looking for my son's education. If we move to Saudi I want to know if he can get a bachelors degree from Saudi (muslim) environment and then return to Canada for Masters degree. Hence he will have a strong Canadian qualification on the basis which he can plan his initial career in Northern America. Ideally I would want him to complete bachelors in a muslim country before settling back in Canada.

Thanks Mani, this is very helpful. Are there other recognized universities and colleges in KSA for expats ?

Hello Canadian Professional,

I appreciate your desire to bring up your kids in a country which has a positive Muslim influence.

This is a very confusing and subjective debate since you have not mentioned if you are from a European race or from Asian background, if your son does not speak Arabic as a native speaker, he will be socially secluded from the main stream students in Saudi Arabia.

I presume your son has been born,  brought up and educated in Canada he will constantly argue and question racial discrimination and inequality faced by expats  by Saudis.

Men and women being segregated completely has its down sides too. Once your son is back in Canada, he will be expected to interact with a lot of confidence and maturity with the opposite sex and I do not feel 4 years of 'solitary confinement' will do much good to be equipped in this regard.

Academically, I have had the opportunity to hire some UPM Dhahran students and I found their skills roughly equivalent to western counterparts.

I have no idea which subject your son is planning to pursue, I suggest you also explore possibilities at Qatar universities. :)

It depends on what he wants to do. Alfaisal university is the best university In KSA. They allow all expats to study here. Lemme know what he wants to major in. I'm In my fourth year of med school there.

Hi Mani, Thanks a lot. I will be in touch as we proceed. I am in the process of moving but it is still a few years until my son will start college / university. He will be in grade 9 from Sept 2015. At the moment we have not finalized his plans but probably IT, engineering or may be Medical.

What is the cost of tuition (range) for non saudis in universities ?

Also, before med school did you get complete your high school ?

My son studied in Pakistan from KG - Grade 5, Grade 6 - 8 in Toronto. Now that we may be moving to Riyadh I am looking for him to finish High School there and possibly Bachelors from Riyadh or nearby and then Masters from Canada.

Which schools would you recommend in Riyadh ??

Thanks

Canadian Professional wrote:

Hi Mani, Thanks a lot. I will be in touch as we proceed. I am in the process of moving but it is still a few years until my son will start college / university. He will be in grade 9 from Sept 2015. At the moment we have not finalized his plans but probably IT, engineering or may be Medical.

What is the cost of tuition (range) for non saudis in universities ?

Also, before med school did you get complete your high school ?

Do you have an idea on which school is best for Information Technology for expats?