Arriving in Coronado area Jan 5 to Jan /0

Would like to get together with some expats. Have been in Panama since Dec 16 our second trip
On an exploratory vacation checking out the best place to live. Have just left Boquete , very pretty met some nice people just not the climate for us

One of the best ways to meet expats is at happy hours hosted by restaurants and bars that cater to them in the Coronado area  fromTues-Friday it moves from place to place.  I went for a week in early December and didn't particularly like it in terms of infrastructure, cost or organization.  Cost of rentals or purchase homes are on par with coastal Florida, Alabama, MS or TX.  There is no direct way to the beach and no real shops/bars on the beach. The western style supermarkets are the same price as the ones in Los Angeles- only savings is on taxes   I stayed at a private beach house 10 Km north but was in Coronado each day. There are a number of new communities marginally occupied and barely surviving  in the area. That also goes for foreign owned restaurants and shops. I was much more  pleased and comfortable spending a week in Panama City in an apartment on the Amador Peninsula  and exploring the city each day.

Thanks any way, we like this area have been going to the happy hours. Will be returning in April to work on our visa

El Cid wrote:

There is no direct way to the beach and no real shops/bars on the beach.

Totally agree - based on many trips to Panama looking for a beachfront residence. There are no beachfront communities in Panama similar to, say, Salinas, Ecuador.

El Cid wrote:

There are a number of new communities marginally occupied and barely surviving  in the area. That also goes for foreign owned restaurants and shops.

Totally agree.  Panama's "beach communities" are for weekend living only, in my opinion.  Want to see "dead" beachfront living, head to Bala Beach Resort in Maria Chiquita on the road to Portobello.

El Cid wrote:

I was much more  pleased and comfortable spending a week in Panama City in an apartment on the Amador Peninsula  and exploring the city each day.

Totally agree.  I'd far prefer living in Panama City, specfically, El Cangrejo area.  It's great, but not for folks looking to "run out the clock" in life on $700 a month or wanting remote lifestyle.