Let me introduce myself: it's a-me, Fabio!

Guten Tag! My name is Fabio...yes, just like the model and I really do look like him, if you take away the 6-pack abs, the long blonde hair and the face (as for the brain, I don't think he has one, but that's not what he gets paid for after all :D).
I'm a 28 years old guy on his way towards his 29 and then, if I'm not wrong, I should be 30. This is why I told myself it was about time to move abroad, as living in different countries has always been one of my life ambitions. So I mustered up courage (it was quite an effort!) and quit the job I had at an Italian company in Milan (and it was an awesome company, by the way, which made it even more difficult). Except for 6 months during which I lived in Canada, I've always lived in Bergamo.
I studied German five years at high school, then I reviewed it from scratch last here and I look forward to taking a course in Munich. I love the language, but my brain always refused to learn it properly (I swear it's not my fault!). I don't remember if it's the Es, the Ich or the Über-Ich, but someone is definitely putting a spanner in the works. Hopefully this will be the right time!
While I figure out how to settle in Munich (I just found out I have 8 days to find a house and get my Meldebescheinigung. I mean, really?! How did you guys manage to do so quickly?!), I will look for a German school and perhaps some volunteering opportunities, as I want to meet people once I'm there, both German and less German ones. I will look for any job, preferably in IT, as I graduated in that field. I'll be there in the end of January.
So, that's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to seeing you in Munich!

@moderators: could you please move this to the Munich section? I realized only now I posted on the general forum about Germany. Thanks!

Moved to Munich Forum:top:

Welcome on board  :cheers:

I really enjoyed your post and it made me smile.

Wish you all the best and success in everything.

Take care!

Ciao

P.s it was the Uber-Ich   :D

kenjee wrote:

Moved to Munich Forum:top:

Thanks, kenjee!

Primadonna wrote:

Wish you all the best and success in everything.

Take care!

Ciao

P.s it was the Uber-Ich   :D

Thank you, Primadonna! It was the Über-Ich then. At least now I've got a name...no one can stop me now, one step closer to mastering German!! ;)

Hi Fabio,

got any luck meeting people in Munich yet,

if you are free come and Join us on friday, I created a Meetup event

See you!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 30#2472194