Living expenses and visa procedures

Hi,
I got an offer from Muscat and they are paying a basic 1500OMR+ house rent 450omr+ company maintened car with conveyance all 25omr+gsm all 17 omr + medicals+air passage+annual perf linked bonuses.....is this enough to maintain as well as save for a family of 5, self, spouse, 6 yrs old daughter and parents. Also any idea about visa for dependant parents/ in laws??

Hello Pbarik76 and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to browse through threads in our section Cost of Living in Muscat of the forum so as to gather some useful infos concerning your salary.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Pbarik76 wrote:

Hi,
I got an offer from Muscat and they are paying a basic 1500OMR+ house rent 450omr+ company maintened car with conveyance all 25omr+gsm all 17 omr + medicals+air passage+annual perf linked bonuses.....is this enough to maintain as well as save for a family of 5, self, spouse, 6 yrs old daughter and parents. Also any idea about visa for dependant parents/ in laws??

Hi Pbarik76,

Cost of living is a topic which is discussed in great detail in the forum. Please read the numerous posts and you will get an excellent idea of how far your salary of about R.O. 2,000/- would take you. All I would like to say is, yes, you can save some amount after your expenses. But it may not be much.

Family joining visas for dependent parents and in-laws are no longer being provided. However, check whether your company can do something about it.

Good luck.