Vehicle transfer

Hi, I have recently moved to muscat for a job. My parents have been here  from the last 7 yrs. As they are moving out of muscat in a month  they want to transfer the vehicle on my name. I just wanted to know if  we  need to possess a driving license for the transfer of vehicle registration. Where can I get the details.

you must have a license to transfer it

VIKSHA wrote:

Hi, I have recently moved to muscat for a job. My parents have been here  from the last 7 yrs. As they are moving out of muscat in a month  they want to transfer the vehicle on my name. I just wanted to know if  we  need to possess a driving license for the transfer of vehicle registration. Where can I get the details.

No vehicle can be transferred to your name till you have a license. The best solution is to get the vehicle, transferred to any of your closed friend or relative (who's living in Muscat and have a valid license), if you wish to keep the vehicle.

Once you obtain the license, the vehicle then can be transferred to your name accordingly. Please ensure to make a formal paper agreement with the person whom you're transferring the car.

Thank u . Will try to do the same.

VIKSHA wrote:

Thank u . Will try to do the same.

You're most welcome.

I have a license to practice in Britain. Can I transfer it to Oman ?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : inappropriate request
Maria Kiloni wrote:

I have a license to practice in Britain. Can I transfer it to Oman ?

Yes you can transfer it into omani licence

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

Best regards

Priscilla