Sending gift to a friend staying in Tripoli

Hello expat community, I'm Hamid from India. Been following the blog since long time, good experiences to read and lots of useful information. But today I needed more than that hence had to create an account and get involved with the community.

Actually my friend is staying in tripoli, and their birthday is coming up soon. I was planning to send her something. I'm wondering if there are any services in Libya where we can book cakes or pizzas online and have it delivered to the address?

I use Aramex to send parcels from here, but have found that they always ask my friend to come and collect the package once it arrives into tripoli. Is it the same with all Couriers? How I DHL in this regard?

Please suggest me some ideas.
And also will it be possible for me to send something from here in India and any agency there would collect my package and deliver it to my friend along with favorite cakes and  pizzas? Kindly let me know. I am not sure how many of you know about the Italian restaurant Veranda, if they can do this it will be great, but I don't know how to reach them, their website doesn't work.

So please suggest me some ideas, workarounds or alternatives. I don't mind paying extra for their services.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this.
Best Regards.

talk to the F&B Manager in Corinthia hotel....they have an Italian restaurant and i am sure they can manage a decent cake....

Thank you so much for your time in replying, Fahim. How do I get in touch with the F&B Manager? On their website I can only get their other contacts like for reservation and general queries. Also do you know Veranda restaurant? Even that is an Italian one, I haven't been successful in finding their contact details, their website seems down.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

With Best Regards,

Hamid.