Help available!!

if any of my friends need help to move to kathmandu or any querries just  comment below

Hello neevan44 and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for proposing your help, this is so kind of you.

If you could recommend some professional services in our Directory that would be of great help

Happy New Year :)

Kenjee
Expat.com team

I'm also available via my blog at FrugalTravelsNepal.Blogspot.com  I arrived here 4 years ago and after I caught up to the learning curve, I love it more everyday.

Nepal is a very safe country with lovely, gentle people-very hospitable. One thing on the down side is the general consensus is that tourists have so much money we can never run out of it and no matter how much they trick you out of there is really no damage. There are a lot of people in Thamel who prey on the tourists who are recent arrivals.

I wrote a blog post or 2 about this type of issue, but it isn't like everyone is out for your money or anything. Most are so incredibly generous and hospitable that they will make Nepal the best destination ever for you. Just be careful and reject anyone immediately who suggests you become his partner in his trekking business or NGO. And don't trust social workers unless or until you can see that they have a big heart-not big pockets. A lot of trekking guys and social workers try to get whatever they can from tourists. It's sad, but a few bad apples can really spoil it if you aren't careful. 

Nepal is such a wonderful place to call home, I hope I can live out my old age here and enjoy this new age of prosperity for Nepal. I believe Nepal to be the best retirement destination on the planet, so cheap, nice weather in the Kathmandu Valley and so slow paced it's just the perfect place for a week or a lifetime.

Great post:
Regarding the area....how is health care and quality?
How is the humidity,weather, monsoon season?
Thanks in advance:
Zynglass

hello,
It is quite humid in the summer!!
it goes around 36 celcius in summer and 0 degree in winter.But the lifestyle and food helps you to settle with the weather.The rainy season lasts from Mayt July there are some heavy downpours but doesnt it any catastrophy.Health care has improved a lot.There are some world class hospitals.

Thank you for your quick response.
I will surely get back to you!
Thanks
Zynglass

Health care and dental are quite good if you know where to go. I had a bad root canal from the US fixed and the dentist saved the tooth next to it at the same time. It was pretty painless, excellent sanitation, amazing price at a little less than $250 for both teeth that included 3 procedures that lasted 30-45 minutes each. The filament was actually growing into my jaw bone. I wouldn't even know which teeth he fixed, the teeth came out so well.

I got sick and thought it was my heart. Turns out it was my lungs with an infection. They did everything for me and it only cost about $50. I'm quite pleased with the health care.

There is CWIC at the British Embassy and if you have insurance you can go there, but it is crazy expensive! They wanted almost $100 to just see a doctor. I went there when I got sick shortly after arrival. They turned me away because my insurance didn't like them, probably because it isn't near local prices.

My blog has a couple of posts about how to get good health care in Nepal and my eBook has an entire chapter on health care in Nepal.

It can be a challenge, but you can find excellent health care here.