Postal Service

What is the postal service like in Bahrain? Is it reliable? I may be getting some post and items sent from Australia to me but don't want them sent unless I know I'll get them as they are important docs etc

So far I've faced no problems with the bahrain postal service.  I bought several items from ebay and the sellers send it via registered post.  Bahrain post will notify you via sms to collect the  parcel from the muharraq post office.  I also use their regular & ems service - so far all arrived with no untoward incidents.

Do they always go to Muharraq post office or the one nearest to where ones lives? Budaiya post office would be my closest one I guess.
I presume normal letters come directly to your house?

I agree. No problems for me also so far. There could be minor delays sometimes.

as the guys said above, there no problems except for some delays, but lways try to pick them up as soon as yuo get the notification so you the dont mixed up and you will have to recieve them very late

In my case Bahpost always instruct to pick up the parcels from muharraq branch.  I've never received registered documents thru them so I'm not that sure if the same applies.  /  I suggest  you to rent a post box.  It's more secure and faster. Esp when receiving bank statements as well as mail from overseas. Rental is bd15/year.

fchaudari76 wrote:

Do they always go to Muharraq post office or the one nearest to where ones lives? Budaiya post office would be my closest one I guess.
I presume normal letters come directly to your house?

:/  Not like this ,
if they feel your parcel got something special ( valuable) inside ,then they'll invite you at muharraq post office ( Parcel building + customs desk  ) . my order was from amazon usa iphone5's touch+screen with camera they hold my stuff at muharraq.

:D

I ordered one wifi yangi antenna , one 1km wifi range extender router from china both delivered to my post box in diplomatic area .
but

sunglasses ordered from china six month back , delivered to Budayia post office (didnt delivered to my office at seef)
i think budayia post office also covering seef area :blink:

They are reliable, I have also used them a few times for international deliveries but be prepared to face some delays. They will either ask you to collect it from Muharraq or Budaiya depending on your address.

Hi, has anyone used the bahrain parcel service to send anything back to UK? DHL and so on cost a fortune ... Thanks in advance

Hey,

Has anyone used bahrain post to send parcels back to UK? Reliable? Thanks

I have used them and my document was delivered without any problem.