Canadian Visa help

Hi there,

I am a South African citizen living and working in Cape Town. My girlfriend is Canadian and lives in Vancouver. I am seriously looking into moving to Canada, but I am not quite sure what the best way to go about it would be. Would anyone be able to shed some light on immigration agents, type of visas, processes, obtaining employment etc. I would really appreciate any help. I am young and educated! Need help please!

Thanks!

Well as with all countries, it's going to be much easier to obtain a visa and permanency if you have some kind of concrete job offer to start off with. So prioritize finding a job. A couple of good job search sites are  www.monster.ca   and    www.workopolis.com. Remeber that Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have long been the three top destinations for newcomers to Canada so it's going to be much harder to find work in those cities, since you will be competing for every vacancy with all the other newcomers and unemployed or underemployed local residents as well.

If you have a job offer then visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada official website and fill out the online information to see if you qualify for a visa.    www.cic.gc.ca/english

CIC advises that most of the matters surrounding immigration you can do yourself. With someone already in Vancouver it should be that much easier for you, don't bother wasting your money on any kind of agency, they usually do very little for what you pay them, and nothing that you couldn't do yourself.

Cheers,
James           Expat-blog Experts Team

Young Man,you're even lucky that your girlfriends lives in Canada,so far she's a canadian,just get some document tell to invite from there through immigration over there.... If you need more on the document just msg me okay!

Bunmi Afolabi wrote:

Young Man,you're even lucky that your girlfriends lives in Canada,so far she's a canadian,just get some document tell to invite from there through immigration over there.... If you need more on the document just msg me okay!

Really, well if it's just that simple to get into Canada then can you explain why you're still in Nigeria and not in Manitoba as you want to be?

Since you're in Nigeria, what kind of HELP can you offer to fjb.francois?

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team