Planning to move to Canada

Hi, my name is Fabian. I am currently planing to move to Canada in the near future, I speak English quite well since my profession is Translation and Interpretation of English-Spanish. I would like to me there and be able to work in my profession, but the truth is that I would like to do it the right way. I mean arrive in Canada with the proper documentation to work. How hard is it to obtain a work permit to work in Canada? Does anybody know?

Thanks,

Fabian

Hello Fabian,

You should visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada official website and fill out the online information to see if you qualify for a visa and work permit.

www.cic.gc.ca/english

You may also want to check some of the job search sites like  www.monster.ca   or   www.workopolis.com  to see if you can find work.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

You can also try http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
As long as you have a willing would be employer who will wait for you to get your papers straight before you land, then you are cool... You however have to play a big role in getting the work permit and do not expect your would be employer to do all the work for you. So there's going to be a lot of running around and waiting involve.

Hi Fabian,
Answering your question:"How hard is it to obtain a work permit to work in Canada? Does anybody know?"
Its very hard to find job here,now. Prices of oil are very low.Many companies get lay off for employees or cut schedule. You don't have chances,honestly.
Look - "Target" is the name of big net of malls. They are closed. This is one of numerous examples.

"Target" lost $2.6 billion US, or $4.14 per share, in the three months ended Jan. 31, dragged down by huge costs associated with shutting down its poorly executed Canadian expansion, the U.S.-based retailer says.
In a move announced last month, Target is pulling the plug on its 133 stores in Canada, less than two years after launching here with much fanfare, because it had yet to turn a profit and couldn't envision that happening for several more years."
cbc.ca/news/business/target-earnings-show-retailer-lost-4b-us-in-canada-in-2014-1.2970883
There is no Paradise here.