FM radio stations in Budapest

I just acquired a new sound system with an FM radio, and I wanted to preprogram it with a few stations that might like.  I googled for FM stations in Budapest, but I'm only able to get a list of stations that are online.  I just want a list of FM stations along with some description of what they play.  If there are any English language news stattions, that would be great too.  Anyway, if ou have such a list, I'd appreciate getting access to it.  Thanks.

Just turn on the "seek" function on your system. What comes in clear is what you can select from. For me, where I live, the clearest English language station comes form Slovenia.

For all other English language stations, you will need to use Short Wave.

An outside aerial will improve improve range and quality.
It doesn`t have to be big.

One thing I find strange here is that my DAB radio doesn't work at all.  I have an internet radio system that works over WiFi and that works very nicely other than it eats batteries (I use rechargeables).  I don't use FM broadcasts except for music sometimes in the car. If DAB worked, I'd change my car radio because DAB could have many stations - 100s.  You can find a selection of DAB/WiFi/FM broadcast radios here: Roberts Radio.  BTW, the radio station system in HU is highly political. I used to listen to Radio Bridge years ago but the government took away their license (maybe).  They used to broadcast in English, German and Hungarian.

Hi
Here is the list of all fm frequency in Hungary:
http://www.frekvencia.hu/fmlist-hng.htm

Its great site, because if you click on the radios name, you can listening to it online.

Im hungarian, and a great music lover, so I had to find a great way to listening to music with every kind of browser.

Here is the best site to listening to hungarian radio stations immediatelly:
http://m.popularis.hu/radio/

I hope I can help:)

Good luck finding a decent rock station that plays rock and hard rock.
We use the internet to pick up US stations.
We have not invested in a serious music system in Hungary, still feel like we are only visiting even though we have owned our flat for 10 years.
Found a FM station that played ok music , the signal was from France.
The music available with our simple FM tuner in HU is just terrible, the FM stations are not very good, at least so far we have not found any good ones in Hungary.
Very odd since so many people in Hungary are musical.
At least they have something these days, back in the day ( mid 1960's) my husband and his friends had to play with wires and hold their radio up in the air to pick up tunes from the UK from Radio Free Europe.
All the while under threat from the old hag living next door to report them for listening to forbidden western music.
Still HU has not caught up with the rest of the world with good quality 24/7 rock stations.
My cousin is a rock DJ based in Tenn. I have tried several times to pick up her broadcast from HU with no luck.
Another cousin is based in Poland and is also a DJ have not even tired to pick up his broadcast even though  it isn't too far away.
Sick of the top 40 tunes on the radio in HUngary, one good song then 9 terrible fluff tunes in row.
I would look into setting up a system through the internet using your new equipment.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

....Sick of the top 40 tunes on the radio in HUngary, one good song then 9 terrible fluff tunes in row. I would look into setting up a system through the internet using your new equipment.

I have a suspicion there's some sort of cultural quota going on where X tunes per hour have to be Hungarian.  We used to listen to Schlager Radio (Schlager means hit in German).  That seems to have disappeared. I believe it lost its license. It was owned by a media chain.  Bridge Radio went the same way.  I think these radio stations were owned by a newspaper chain opposed to the government of the time.

I now have my FM set to classical music in the kitchen, can't go wrong with a bit of Mozart!!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I now have my FM set to classical music in the kitchen, can't go wrong with a bit of Mozart!!

I listen to phone in programmes on LBC in London and BBC Radio 4.  I sometimes listen even to NPR in the USA. Internet radio is a great idea. Shame DAB digital radio does not seem to exist in Hungary.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Shame DAB digital radio does not seem to exist in Hungary.

Current status of DAB in Hungary:

http://www.worlddab.org/country-information/hungary

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Shame DAB digital radio does not seem to exist in Hungary.

Current status of DAB in Hungary:

http://www.worlddab.org/country-information/hungary

Interesting as I am very close to Budapest (1km from the city boundary but hidden in a dip from the giant TV and radio transmitter at Szechenyihegy) and I cannot get a thing on my DAB radio (ordinary radio no problem).  Nothing at all, dead, nada, zilch, the big zero, null, FA.   Not sure what the difference is between DAB and DAB+.  Wikipedia will sort it I suppose!

fluffy2560 wrote:

Nothing at all, dead, nada, zilch, the big zero, null, FA.

Might be due to the Hungarian reality distortion field. What is said to be, and what really is, are different.....

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Nothing at all, dead, nada, zilch, the big zero, null, FA.

Might be due to the Hungarian reality distortion field. What is said to be, and what really is, are different.....

Well, before they had those kind of generators to create localised fields, we old school steam powered types used to use another device known as the "infinite improbability drive"

fluffy2560 wrote:

"infinite improbability drive"

In Hungary, I find the Bistromathic drive, and bistromathics in general, to be more commonly encountered......

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

"infinite improbability drive"

In Hungary, I find the Bistromathic drive, and bistromathics in general, to be more commonly encountered......

Ah, now you're talking. Local Hungarian knock off variant could be a kind of TescoQueueMathic drive.  I concede here now to the greater knowledge of HHGTOTU and the obvious wandering off topic. In any case,  the answer will always be 42.