Which kind of E-card apply to ?

Hi, I'm planning to move to Malta with my wife and children in the next year.
Probably I' will be employed by a company in July, but, in order not to have problems with Italy about the children's school, I'm thinking of taking e-residence, just for me, in advance.
Do you think that it will be a problem applying for self-sufficiency e-card first and then having a job-contract after a few month ?
Should my wife and children apply with me or they can ben added after ?
Thanks for any reply.

Andrea

I'm assuming you are an EU citizen

you cant apply until you are living here - you are not applying for residence, but informing the authorities that you consider yourself resident, and are proving you have the means to support yourself

no problem in getting self sufficiency version at first, and then working

Thanks GinG. I spoke to a residency expert just before Christmas. He indicated it would be a problem to be register as self sufficient and then start (self) employment. I was left thinking the whole process needed to be repeated iif such a change were to happen. I didn't see the need. Perhaps the expert was seeing two bites of the residency application cherry.

Thanks for your reply.
My plan is find home within March, come to live in Malta in April and then apply for e-residence.
I need the residence to make AIRE (italian expats) registration before July/August, when my children will go to school in Malta.