No seeds on bread

:D  Just would like to ask ì anybody knows where to get bread without sesame seed on it. I am tired òf this hopeless bread.I know our bakery in tơn never put seeds on the outside òf the bread loaf. and I am talking to old polish bakers that had the bakery, they are from the old country ás they say. Hopefuly close to district 7. Thanks all.

I'm trying to remember the last time I had buns garnished with seeds. A very long time, now.

Nhu Lan Bakery & Restaurant
50 & 64-68 Ham Nghi
Phuong Ben Nghe
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City  710157

GPS: 10.771010,106.703980

(Opposite the Financial Centre Tower)

Bakes it's own bread. You can get sliced loaves, too. BUT, IMO the dough is slightly too sweet. And NO SEEDS.

So what I do is to buy Banh Mi buns on the way home. I get mine in Quan 7. As they are small, it means I can buy fresh every day and not have to feed the birds with my older bread.

I buy my Banh Mi buns from a bakery with a yellow front, and a four-letter name beginning with Y in red! (Next time I go I will be sure and get the name) The buns are usually warm as they are continuously baking. VND2000 each.

It is located on TAN MY which is road at the last traffic light on NGUYEN THI THAP before you reach NGUYEN VAN LINH EXPRESSWAY.

GPS: 10.736319, 106.718316

TAN MY also intersects NGUYEN VAN LINH EXPRESSWAY near the notorious FV Hospital.

There is a CHO opposite the Banh My shop. If you go down SO 1 to the first intersection, then turn right you will be in foodie heaven. All down SO 1 are food vendors with the foodstuffs on the side walk.

Nearer the first intersection you will discover pans filled with swimming, jumping fish. They usually have tiger shrimp the size of small fish. And the rear end of the Cho has even more live fish.

They will dress the fish for you.

And the prices make PMH prices look like NYC. As there as so few Foreigners going there you can avoid bargaining as you will get charged the VNese prices.

Jaitch wrote:

I'm trying to remember the last time I had buns garnished with seeds. A very long time, now.

Nhu Lan Bakery & Restaurant
50 & 64-68 Ham Nghi
Phuong Ben Nghe
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City  710157

GPS: 10.771010,106.703980

(Opposite the Financial Centre Tower)

Bakes it's own bread. You can get sliced loaves, too. BUT, IMO the dough is slightly too sweet. And NO SEEDS.

So what I do is to buy Banh Mi buns on the way home. I get mine in Quan 7. As they are small, it means I can buy fresh every day and not have to feed the birds with my older bread.

I buy my Banh Mi buns from a bakery with a yellow front, and a four-letter name beginning with Y in red! (Next time I go I will be sure and get the name) The buns are usually warm as they are continuously baking. VND2000 each.

It is located on TAN MY which is road at the last traffic light on NGUYEN THI THAP before you reach NGUYEN VAN LINH EXPRESSWAY.

GPS: 10.736319, 106.718316

TAN MY also intersects NGUYEN VAN LINH EXPRESSWAY near the notorious FV Hospital.

There is a CHO opposite the Banh My shop. If you go down SO 1 to the first intersection, then turn right you will be in foodie heaven. All down SO 1 are food vendors with the foodstuffs on the side walk.

Nearer the first intersection you will discover pans filled with swimming, jumping fish. They usually have tiger shrimp the size of small fish. And the rear end of the Cho has even more live fish.

They will dress the fish for you.

And the prices make PMH prices look like NYC. As there as so few Foreigners going there you can avoid bargaining as you will get charged the VNese prices.

That's about it. Bagged loaves at the supermarkets. Baguettes on the street. Brown and Wholemeal. Not seen a seed on those.
However,the imported fast food chains would have sesame seeds on their buns,I'm sure.

Best bread I have ever had comes from a small bakery in D5, it tastes like real bread and has plenty of guts to it,unlike most of the banh mi you find in Viet Nam.

colinoscapee wrote:

Best bread I have ever had comes from a small bakery in D5, it tastes like real bread and has plenty of guts to it,unlike most of the banh mi you find in Viet Nam.

A lot like a pot of fresh caught crab.
You get them home and boil them up.
Then crack the carapace,empty.

Crack the claws,empty.

Luck of the draw.

http://www.weekendnotes.com/im/000/01/mudcrab311.JPG

Billafish2 wrote:

:D  Just would like to ask ì anybody knows where to get bread without sesame seed on it. I am tired òf this hopeless bread.I know our bakery in tơn never put seeds on the outside òf the bread loaf. and I am talking to old polish bakers that had the bakery, they are from the old country ás they say. Hopefuly close to district 7. Thanks all.

Go to D7 German Restaurant "One More" the Owner make his own German style Bread. Check after 4 pm daily you get fresh tasty bread. 402 Ha Huy Tap | My Khanh 3, Tan Phong Ward, Phu My Hung, +84 122 308 8228

AustriaKarl wrote:

D7 German Restaurant  402 Ha Huy Tap | My Khanh 3, Tan Phong Ward, Phu My Hung, +84 122 308 8228

You cannot have a ward inside another ward.

Both Phu My Hung and Tan Phong are wards within Quan 7. In this case they are separated by a damn great 12-lane expressway. The expressway in the dividing line between these two wards.

Jaitch wrote:
AustriaKarl wrote:

D7 German Restaurant  402 Ha Huy Tap | My Khanh 3, Tan Phong Ward, Phu My Hung, +84 122 308 8228

Both Phu My Hung and Tan Phong are wards within Quan 7. In this case they are separated by a damn great 12-lane expressway. The expressway in the dividing line between these two wards.

As allway some stupid answer! For a Canadian a good bread anyway not necessary......................

AustriaKarl wrote:
Jaitch wrote:
AustriaKarl wrote:

For a Canadian a good bread anyway not necessary......................

Makes a difference if you are walking ... over a kilometres difference.

Quan 1 German bread fanciers might know one German bakery closed.

BigC (pronounced bicksee by locals). Check Google maps for your nearest one - IIRC there are two in HCMC. The nearest to me is 3.5km away in, Binh Tan District. I was in there yesterday and they had several different kinds of bread, including sliced loaves, all with no seeds.

Jaitch wrote:
AustriaKarl wrote:
Jaitch wrote:

For a Canadian a good bread anyway not necessary......................

Makes a difference if you are walking ... over a kilometres difference.

Quan 1 German bread fanciers might know one German bakery closed.

Anyone who can read is in the advantage, as I say you can pick up your bread at the RESTAURANT One More, not bakery D1?
Please, feel free to test us at "ONE MORE"German restaurant & bakery.

Address: 402 Ha Huy Tap, Phu My Hung, D7.( next to Popeys)
Phone: 090 3110 323
Mail:[email protected]