Accomodation in Liège

Hello everybody,

We are looking for info on accomodation in Liège, to help us complete the Life in Belgium Guide.

Do you have any pratical informations which could help new expats in Liège? (for example: infos on house or appartment renting, leases and rental agreements, legislation in Belgium regarding property acquisition)

Please share in this discussion.

Thanks for your participation :)

hi everyone... i'm moving in liege but first i need to rent a small studio or flat. Can any one help me, rent agencies need documents that i don't have like for example the last three payments from my employer...i'm not yet employed in liege... Can any one help me finding me a small kind apartment to rent for 6 months or 1 year...

Hi Valbona,

I was also thinking of going to live in Liege,although I am working in Maastricht (Holland)and I was told that accommodation and the cost of living is cheaper there.

I was there for a few hours, basically it is quite close to Maastricht, but was told there that accommodation is not as cheap as told, but let me know if you have found something or are you still looking.

Manolo

hi there,

did you ever figure out what are the criterias for renting a place in Liege if you don't have a job/contract yet?

Same criteria as for anywhere else, it's up to an individual landlord to assess risk.