Need Good Clothing Producers & Screenprinters

Hello everyone,
I want to re-do my clothing production in Bali. The last time I came I set it up with a non-local producer and now the cost is way too high. I make cotton-lycra yoga and festival clothing and am very interested in making my line eco-friendly and using ethical or fair trade manufacturing. I only use stretchy fabric and am interested also in organic cotton and bamboo. My garments always involve screen printing my own artwork, including very large sized screens. Any help or recommendations are highly appreciated as this time I am travelling with my baby! Thanks!

Yes if you set up with a non-local then definitely your production cost will be very high. I used own a garment export company in Hong Kong, and then quite some years later started manufacturing beach wear, surf wear, kids clothing and beaded lycra and importing it into France. We bought a lot of fabrics at Narmada Textiles on Jalan Imam Bonjol, just before Jalan Teuku Umar. You should speak with the owner of the place. He is a local indian chap who gave us many manufacturers for different kinds of clothing. If we needed a cheap place he knows it, same too for high quality factories. He knows so many of them because at one time everyone was buying from him. Can't remember his name, but just pop in and ask to see the boss. He also knows which factories are dishonest or have bad credit which is also important as there are some factories who will cheat or steal your fabric.

Just to clarify for Mike…he is referring to Narmada Textiles in Denpasar, Bali where they have three locations.

Thank you Mike. I am here now I will go check that out. Thanks so much for the lead😃

It's no problem. Just passing on some experience and hopefully a good contact :)

I am using Narmada for my cloth, but I didn't see any good fabric for doing surf shorts, which I have been thinking to also make. Any good suggestions for fabric and or manufacturers for surf wear, speaking to your past experience? My cotton Lycra manufacturing is all set. Also, I didn't see hardly any patterned fabric there. Still seeking out cotton Lycra and rayon Lycra in patterns. Thanks again.

Also looking for advice from you, Ubudian, about other fabric shops, see my post to Mike 😃