Fastest internet where?

What regions have the best internet availability? GO and Melita mention on their site the availability of fibre in certain regions but I haven't found out where this is. Are there cities where I can just rent any apartment and fibre internet will be certainly available?

how fast do you want it , i have average speed of about 21mbs in marsaxlokk- i use go

It should preferable be around 100Mbps. I have seen some news where they mention how GO is starting to roll out fibre internet and that was from 2012 so two years later there sure should be some cities with good fibre availability. Also GO offers up to 200Mbps and Melita up to 250Mbps on their site. The problem is just they don't seem to make public where its available.

I get 60mbps in Mellieha and that's what I pay for with Melita.

Tried Go but found it unreliable , technician told me that the "fibre optic" only applies to parts of the system and not specific areas.

Terry

tearnet wrote:

technician told me that the "fibre optic" only applies to parts of the system and not specific areas.

Was that from the melita technican? From what I understand it looks like melita is using fibre to the cabinet which means somewhere close to your appartment the fibre will end. At least for up to 100Mbit it looks like that. If its farther away the available speed will go down. The 250Mbit offer might be different. But GO seems to offer complete fibre in some regions. They mention it as fibre to the home here:
http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/business/t … s-20121026
But that was only in two buildings as a test scenario from 2012.

Well 60Mbps in Mellieha could also be ok if I don't find certain information about the availability or its still very limited. Is this in the center of Mellieha or farther away?

Its the Centre of Mellieha but hard wired to the router not WIFI.

It was a Melita technician that I was talking to.

They may make it fibre optic all the way to newer  commercial premises .

Terry

Ok, thanks for the info. Yes, the newer commercial premises part sounds likely.

Go hasn't got fibre optics in every street in Malta. If your street is without, the maximum speed they can offer is 30 Mbit. I know this info from staff at a Go outlet.

If you pop in, they can check your address and postcode immediately and tell you if there is fibre optic in your street. There is probably a link on their website but I didn't look for it.   

Hope this helps....