EMT, Paramedic and Carer work Malta

Hi there,

I'm a student nurse who will be moving to Malta in February for ten weeks to complete a nursing placement in the Mater Dei hospital. I will finish this placement on the first of May and I wish to stay and work in Malta until the 30th of August.

I'm a qualified emergency medical technician, and carer. I have experience in emergency medicine, home nursing and hospital work.

Could someone explain the qualifications to work with emergency services and/or as a healthcare assistant? How difficult it would be to get a job?

Thanks in advance!

Hi , not sure about emergency services but I worked as a nurse in Malta earlier this year and the carers working with us didn't have any particular qualification as far as I can recall.
I think there are qualifications for HCA's but you would probably be able to complete them ' on the job '  much like the NVQ's in the UK !
Just to be aware that the pay for untrained staff is hopeless , not much better for us Nurses either !!! 😢 - €4-4.50 ph for carers !!!
Still , if only for a short period then at least it is some money to help fund your stay !!! - good luck 👍 - Also , to address the last part of your post , I don't think you'll have much trouble actually getting a HCA job but just be careful which places you work for as I met several people , Maltese and others , who were having trouble actually getting paid for the shifts they had already worked !
If you want to PM me then I will give you more specific details.

Hi
Did you manage to find out much about your post?
I am in the same situation (paramedic) finding it quite hard to find information on how to get a paid job, everything seems to be voluntary....
If anyone else can help please do! :-)

L