Irish New to Frankfurt am Main

Help... I am moving to frankfurt in two weeks. Looking at all the processes I must go through before my first day at work on Jan 22nd.
Where do I start first ? I have set up apartment viewngs for the day I land.
However how long does this normally take to find and rent somewhere ?
Also I see I must register for my ID. Once I have my address i can apply for my Tax Id.
In the meantime do you know if I can set up my bank account ?
I also must arrange my health Insurance.

How long this all above normally take ? I have 10 working days! Is that enough

Any Advise would be appreciated :)

Let's see if we can deal with a few of these questions without writing an essay :-)

1) Apartments can be pretty quick. In fact, you will need to move quickly as there is a lot of competition and good places go very quickly. There is a lot of pressure for housing in Frankfurt. You can normally find somewhere to move into in a couple of weeks though. Normally you'll be asked for 3 months salary statements, a work contract and a reference from a landlord, but as you are new in the country, you'll have to talk to them to see what is sufficient...

2) Bank account will need an address, a work contract and an EU passport. This will take about a week to get the basic info and up to two weeks for all of the cards and internet access.

3) Tax number will come once you have registered at the council (Einwohnemeldeamt) which requires an address and a passport. You can change this as often as you like in case you register a temporary address first. Proof of address will be either a copy of the contract or a letter from the landlord comfirming residence.

4) Health insurance can be done very quickly online and back dated to the day you arrived. I signed with TK insurance and was relieved to find that they were really helpful and did everything in English for me. Don't know if it was the cheapest or best package though, but it was certainly painless.

10 days should just about be enough...

Good luck!