Gap between consecutive Family Visit Visa

Hi All,

I left Oman without NOC. My wife is still working in Oman. Can she sponsor me on family visit visa? Is there a minimum gap required between two consecutive family visit visa?

Thanks

Hi,

As per the law only a man is given the privilege of sponsoring his immediate family - wife and children. Even parents are now not allowed.

There is no such visa called the family visit visa. It is either the family joining visa or the visit visa. No there is no minimum gap required between 2 visits except the time that it takes to reapply after one exit before a new visit visa can be issued. It is usually about a week's time.

Thanks Sumitran,

For your reply. I am much relieved.

Thanks

Hi Sumitran,

Unfortunately my visa is refused. Reason provided, that I was in Oman in Nov beginning on visit visa ( exited on 9 Nov), so now can get a visit visa only after one year.

Is this a new rule in Oman? Or should my wife try again?

Thanks

prank.random wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Unfortunately my visa is refused. Reason provided, that I was in Oman in Nov beginning on visit visa ( exited on 9 Nov), so now can get a visit visa only after one year.

Is this a new rule in Oman? Or should my wife try again?

Thanks

Hi prank.random,

I am not too surprised at the unfortunate turn of events in your case.

The way the immigration department works is beyond are logic or reason. The rules keep changing at the drop of a hat. No reasons will be forthcoming. If pressed, they will just say "we are following instructions from higher ups".

Ask your wife to try again. You just might be issued a visit visa this time !

Good luck.