Visa issued according to ROP website, embassy does not have visa #

Hello,
My wife and I live in the US, and we are spending 9 days of vacation in Oman (leaving next Friday 12/26, hopefully). My wife needs a visa pre-arranged to visit Oman (passport not on List A). She applied for an express visa at the Oman Embassy in Washington DC on Dec. 4, the ROP website shows that the visa has been issued since Dec. 16. Today is Dec. 19, I called the Oman embassy in DC, and they say that they haven't received the visa number by fax yet, which basically means that there is no visa available, and they still have her passport. With Christmas break in the US, it is becoming very very short. Is it possible to arrange for visa pickup at Muscat airport, and travel with just a copy of the page from the ROP visa status enquiry that says "visa issued"? Any suggestion in that regard?
Thanks!

Supramomol wrote:

Hello,
Is it possible to arrange for visa pickup at Muscat airport, and travel with just a copy of the page from the ROP visa status enquiry that says "visa issued"? Any suggestion in that regard?
Thanks!

Hi Supramomol
                   Yes. It is possible to deposit the visa at Muscat airport and collect it when you arrive at the airport. They'll charge a fee for that. There are many travel agencies who arrange for visas. They may help you. But make sure you have the true photocopy of the visa and a copy of the visa deposit slip at hand before you board the flight.
Happy journey!

Why do you need to apply visa from D.C. embassy? US citizens and other western nations are given 30 days stay in Oman ( "visa on arrival" ) for a small fee.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. She is not a US citizen, hence the need of a visa. Her home country, Haiti, is not on list 1.
Looks like there is some screw up between the visa office in Oman and the embassy in DC. Problem has to be solved by tomorrow.

Thanks! That's the problem: i have nothing at the moment except the page from ROP that says that the visa is ready. I called immigration at Muscat airport, they say the visa is ready and have no idea why the embassy did not receive the visa number.
Really ennoying.