Places to rent in Buon Me Thuot

I don't really mind if its a house or an apartment. I am moving from London and she is moving from Nha Trang. Her home town is Buon Me Thuot and I knew she wanted to move back there to be closer to her family and our daughter, so it will have to be a big enough place to accommodate 3 small people (i don't think our size has much to do with it, but hey. If it is a small apartment we don't mind as much). But any websites of estate agents, any people you can let me know of to get in contact with or just tell me if you know of a place for rent, etc would be much appreciated.

I live in Buon Ma Thuot (GPS: 12.679440,108.044609) and decent accommodation is difficult to find! (I built my own)

Given you have in-laws living there, they are the best people to hunt down likely accommodation. Of course, you will need transportation and this will also affect your final choice of residence. Employment will also be a determinant.

I think you should head up there and see the city and figure out where is best before you even start looking at property.                               

Click on: http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9MTAuNzU3N … BUaHVvdA==

You will then see why having a total stranger choosing a place will be hard.

ahh that's cool. I am really thinking about living in Buon Ma Thuot and it would be nice to get to know some people and to just talk to some expats in Buon Ma Thuot. This will be my first year in VN and because of that I don't really have enough experience, money, not married yet (so have not got citizenship yet) and I don't know exactly how it's going to play out, I cant really buy land. Maybe in the future I will. But this question (maybe it was my fault for how I said it) was more about what was out there, how much for and what everything look likes. The question still stands though if i could be shown some estate agent websites or maybe pictures, or just some info about the place it would be much appreciated. But thank you for the advice Jaitch, i will take your advice in to consideration "not rush and consider staying with her parents"

I seriously question your ability to find employment in BMT. There are fewer Foreigners in BMT than the fingers on your hand (last years count and ignoring myself and two partners). I'm ignoring the imported slave drivers they hired to run the coffee enterprises, besides they usually live out of town.

Apart from coffee/agriculture related activities, there really is only things like instructing English - but where's the money in that to support a family? Tourism is, thankfully, at a minimum, by which I mean it hasn't distorted the way of life as it has in Nha Trang or Hoi An. We are the best part of a days ride from the coast or even Da Lat.

We have major Electricity VietNam (EVN) facilities as DakLak generates much of the power used in TP HCM.

You won't get citizenship.....ever.  Unless the laws change dramtically.  It isn't easy to get a residency card.  Renewing visas every 3 months or so is in your future unless you obtain employment that can help you with a work visa. 

That being said, come and get settled.

Anh Map wrote:

You won't get citizenship.....ever.

Another misleading statement.

Anyone, accepted by the VN Government under their terms, can get citizenship. They can even retain their original citizenship, now.

Successful applicants include people from the West, as well.

Jaitch wrote:
Anh Map wrote:

You won't get citizenship.....ever.

Another misleading statement.

Anyone, accepted by the VN Government under their terms, can get citizenship. They can even retain their original citizenship, now.

Successful applicants include people from the West, as well.

Just follow the simple instructions and comply with the list of conditions.  A piece of cake.

http://moj.gov.vn/tthc/TTHCEn/Lists/Adm … ?IdTTHC=25

I can't believe that I made it sound so difficult.

Hi Jaitch,

Actually my home town is Buon Ma Thuot but now I am living in HCMC

Are you living in BMT now?

I will come back hometown to enjoy Tet holiday with my family, maybe 3 more weeks. Do you still there that time?

If yes, can we meet sometimes to have a talk? When I come back home, I rarely go out coz I have few friends here. It will be nice if we can have a chance to be friends.

Hope to hear from you!

Hi guys,

I am coming in buon ma thot for the all month of june 2015 and I would like to meet some expats or people who live there.

if you have any advice ( job, place to go),  it would be a pleasure.

Etienne