Currently looking for a job in Sofia

Hi there!

I just wanted to post here to see if anyone had any tips or experience that they'd like to share as I am looking to find a job in IT in Sofia. I have a Bachelors Degree and some experience. I have been applying on the Bulgarian jobs sites for the past week and I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with these sites.

I have been reading around on this site and people are saying that the only way to find a job in Sofia is online. If that's true, how were your experiences with the likes of jobs.bg, itjobs.bg, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read  :)

please send your resume to xxx

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
bgnkhd wrote:

please send your resume to

If you have an opportunity to share, please post an ad in the Jobs section so all members can get more information and benefit.  Kindly refrain from posting your contact information in the public forum.  Thanks.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Expat Advisors Team

Hi Cudzer,

For what it is worth my consider opinion having worked in Sofia for 4 years for a major US company.
Jobsite are what they are and yes, I use them myself too when looking round.
But my own experience is, have you tried the direct approach??? There are a number of multis in Sofia that employ larger number of expats. HP. MS, some B2B companies like Sutherland, Cisco too.
Generally, IT skills alone I would say are not enough for BG companies to wait for you. There are many well trained young locals, highly educated and available. English skills although desirable are often only in combination with another language of better use. I assume you also don't speak Bulgarian?!
My best advice would be, write to some majors, and spend 2 weeks in Sofia job hunting.
Good luck

How did it go? :)

hello any bangladeshi is there

jakir_noor wrote:

hello any bangladeshi is there

Maybe it would be better if you introduced yourself on a new post instead of posting on a 5 year old thread?

SimCityAT
Expat Team