Can I find a job in Netherlands a foreigner?

Hi dears,

I have graduated in horticulture in MSc degree in Iran. I have started to do some agricultural activities from 2001 until now including cultivating some crops and vegetables. I also have managed a garden. I not only have done agricultural works but also done some unrelated activities such as building a brick wall all around my farm, building labor house, running a water saving pool and also setting a drip irrigation system. I have recently finished a landscape job in the field of maintenance for about 8 months.

However, I'd love to work in Netherlands but don't have any ideas whether I can find a good job, can I earn enough money and how can I do these?

Hi Omid!

Finding a job in the Netherlands is very difficult. Employers have high selection standards. In any case, here are some job agencies which deal your sector:

- www.pran.nl
- www.luba.nl (this site is only in Dutch. Tuinbouw is the Dutch word for horticulture. Landbouw means agriculture. Tuinieren means gardening);
- www.veldwerkuitzendbureau.nl (it is available also in English);
- www.trefferuitzendbureau.nl (only in Dutch);

The Dutch language is required also for jobs which don't need any speech at all. I did my fisrt course here:
www.volksuniversiteitrotterdam.nl

This the cheapest school. There are several volksuniversiteten in the country. You can look for them here: www.volksuniversiteit.nl

As for the housing matter I recommend you these websites (they're available also in English):
- www.pararius.com
- www.funda.nl

Good luck,
Licia

Dear Licia,

Thank you on behalf of replying my question and the time you have spent for it. At the moment I am thinking that perhaps I can find a short-time internship in which I can improve my skills and knowledge, adapt myself to the country's atmosphere, learn a little with dutch language and also can earn at least my expenses. By this method I not only can be familiar to Netherlands area, but also perhaps can find a proper and appropriate job. I look forward to receiving your answer if you can help me.

Sincerely yours
M.R. Mohajeri

Hi Omid, you should search for a Job or Internships at nunhems.com/
Good look,

Hi ktehelen75,

Thanks a lot. Do you know whether I can earn money from internship courses

best wishes