Land line connection in bahrain

I need to get a land line just for the purpose that my son and my brother can call me for almost free since they do have vonage(I have mobile here and wi-fi at home).
Suggest me any provider who would cost least since the purpose is only for the vonage calls from US. 
Also how to get it and how long will it take to get it?

:/  I guess You should go for Magic Jack App (Free us and canada calls  + You will get US number (free) So your son can dial local number ). :

:top:  Go For Batelco
20BD deposit ( Refundable ) and then Monthly 2BD rent . Batelco takes maximum 48hrs for the new connection .

thats all ....
Please dont go for zain or viva or anyother Landline provider .

Thanks.

This App that you have mentioned, should I purchase it through my mobile?

:)  its free , Simply open the given app  links using your mobile phone or tablet .

for Android phone click here >>  >> Click me <<
or for Apple  >> Click me <<

krseetha wrote:

Thanks.

This App that you have mentioned, should I purchase it through my mobile?

OH! Great.  I am downlaoding.  Hope my son and brother comfortably can call me . How can I know the free number so inform them.

YES.  I got a number but there is also a message showing Error in red .  I dont know why.  I allowed magicjack to use my contacts and only didnt allow for microphone.... But let me see.  I had already sent the message to my son. will update if this works comfortably.  Even India number if I call is free?

:/  without allowing mic  :lol:  app will not work ...
If using iphone , go to settings , reach at the bottom until you see magic jack app , then click and enable the microphone

No ! Indian number is not free , But magic jack to magic jack free , buy skype credit to call india (20$ 2500 minutes ..)

yes.  i enabled microphone.  If I call US number or if my son from US calls me the charges will be for me nil and for my son the vonage chage he already into isnt it?

Yeah ! Magic jack to US  is totally free . 
If Vonage is providing free  Local calls to any US number , Then there will be no charge .bcoz your son going to dial magicjack number ( US local ) ... :top:

Note: You should have high speed internet connection , Otherwise Magic-jack will not work properly.  :|

krseetha wrote:

yes.  i enabled microphone.  If I call US number or if my son from US calls me the charges will be for me nil and for my son the vonage chage he already into isnt it?

Thank you so much.  I will try.

It doesn't work khush420.  I downloaded magicjack.  I got a number "0013...950" totally 7 mumbers apart from 001. US numbers will be 10 in number.  And when I tried my son's no, it doesnt end with a ring on the other side.  it gets disconnected.  May be we have to purchase some account in this.  I am not sure.  If anyone has used magicjack pls help.

since 2012 im using the same app to call my relatives in canada and us , didnt face any issue with the call .
but now if you are saying something wrong with the app , Then try to reinstall the app and  again register with valid email account . this time allow the app with all on screen requested permissions .
This app required high speed internet connection , If you are using zain network then your bad-luck , bcoz only viva providing better upload rate .
At this time dont think about number
bcoz when you are dialing the number ,the receiver
on other end will get your number on CLI.   :top:

Click ( See ) <<<<

In your

krseetha wrote:

It doesn't work khush420.  I downloaded magicjack.  I got a number "0013...950" totally 7 mumbers apart from 001. US numbers will be 10 in number.  And when I tried my son's no, it doesnt end with a ring on the other side.  it gets disconnected.  May be we have to purchase some account in this.  I am not sure.  If anyone has used magicjack pls help.

Thanks Kush.  Today I could re-install magicjack and yes I could talk to my son and brother and so could they.

Is there anyway to see our indian channels here other than through cable operators(you get only few channels thru' them; my earlier experience)

:/  Simply buy Airtel Digital TV Set top box ( DTH)
and enjoy !!!..
:blink: Check if you have Big Satellite  dish on your building roof Pointing East , similar to this pic ...
http://s24.postimg.org/t3p7aq8ed/image.jpg

Any idea as how much it would cost inclusive of dish.  If there is a dish already(yet to check) how can I use it since it belongs to other.  Also airtel available in bahrain or should I purchase it in India?

I do have reliance big tv RECEIVER in iNDIA.  Is reliance working here and can I bring it here?

krseetha wrote:

Any idea as how much it would cost inclusive of dish.  If there is a dish already(yet to check) how can I use it since it belongs to other.  Also airtel available in bahrain or should I purchase it in India?

:/  Dish 35bhd ,2bhd 75mtr cable ,3bhd LNB.5bhd fixing charges.
Receiver (Airtel ) 13BHD from india if someone coming , otherwise from bahrain  20bhd i guess .
... :blink:   yeah reliance big  tv fine for bahrain but I'll not recommend . I heard that only airtel got the better coverage and im using it .

thanks and is it okay to bring it from India like some people are scaring me that it is not advisable to bring it.

here dish and fixing totally they ask for 70 BHD. and airtel refceiver is around 40 bd they say.  I think airtel receiver I can purchase in India  and bring it.  But dish I need to purchase here isnt

krseetha wrote:

thanks and is it okay to bring it from India like some people are scaring me that it is not advisable to bring it.

:D  just ignore !!!!

krseetha wrote:

here dish and fixing totally they ask for 70 BHD. and airtel refceiver is around 40 bd they say.  I think airtel receiver I can purchase in India  and bring it.  But dish I need to purchase here isnt

:/  yeah i know that . (total 70bd  (40bhd material , 30bhd profit )

you will get airtel receiver less than 20BHD here in the kingdom just google it . otherwise if someone coming from India , just request them to bring 1 for you . Yeah Dish you have to purchase locally ,required 165cm dish (bigger one ).
But You can save your Dish amount if you have airtel dish on your building roof (step 1)  :cool: .

Step 2 << later  :blink:

I think  I need to have a dish.  not already installed dish

krseetha wrote:

I think  I need to have a dish.  not already installed dish

one dish is enough for 12 receivers
thats why im saying if you have 165cm dish pointing east . then simply ask the owner for second connection on the LNB
,im sure indians having a bigger heart than India government....

dear krestha,

visit expatriates / dubbizle / mums in bahrain buy and sell section for buying used dish and receivers, you may get a good deal!

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

Okay. Thanks.  I will do as suggested and keep you posted.

I also have an airtel connection. Works well.

I bought everything here and it did not cost too much.

As for land line, I would recommend you go with Batelco. They are the cheapest and most reliable.

can you suggest as whe/e to get airtel receiver(i understand that it is BD40) and dish is another 70.  can you guide

:blink:

krseetha wrote:

can you suggest as whe/e to get airtel receiver(i understand that it is BD40) and dish is another 70.  can you guide

That's BD 110 in total. Its cheaper than that.

I paid BD80 for receiver, dish and connections. Then the periodic renewal charge only.

PM me if you want the name and contact for reliable suppliers.

khush420 wrote:

:blink:

:D

can you name the place to get.

Khush,

My friends advise me not to bring from India and my husband getting worried.  thought of getting it here itself.

okei
Simply invest 40bd for the receiver + dish +fixing charges

or
use my formula if want to save
buy the stuff and pay only 5bd for fixing
gotta go

krseetha wrote:

can you name the place to get.

Sending by PM.

Khush,

40BD is lot cheaper; how is it?; but 40BD is charged for receiver itself;  who gives everything for 40BD?  I enquired one of my friends here to and they said it is roughtly 90 to 100 bd (everything inclusive)

:)  i said
40bd plus plus +
Wait  :/ 
i got new rates

105bhd with hd receiver  :blink: 
80bhd standard receiver
including dish,cable,transportation,fixing etc ..these rates i got from Gudaybia
:/  So ?