About Iceland

Hello,
       I'm from Ghana,but I was young and my dad bought me to italy. Now I'm 22 years old and I want to move to Iceland because I like and cherished Iceland because is the coolest and peaceful country. I told my dad about it and he said he's visiting Ghana ,when he comes we will know what to do. but on fortunately he went and die,and I'm alone, and I have Italian documents can I move in Iceland? Besides I don't know anyone there and it possible to get a job? Because Iceland is my dream

Hello phill12345 and welcome to Expat.com

Could you please tell us a bit more about yourself so that members can at best guide you in your wish to go to Iceland.

Are you by nationality African or European?

I invite you to browse through the official site of Iceland to gather some useful information that may help you bring your project to life : Work and Live in Iceland

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello kenjee
               I'm a Ghanaian, does my nationality.but I have but I have a document in Italy, so I'm living in Italy with my Italian residence, so can I move to Iceland? Whiles I'm having a permit of stay in Italy?

Re: About Iceland
Hello kenjee
               I'm a Ghanaian, does my nationality.but I have but I have a document in Italy, so I'm living in Italy with my Italian residence, so can I move to Iceland? Whiles I'm having a permit of stay in Italy?

an Italian residence permit does not allow you to move to Iceland. You will have to get a new residence permit for Iceland. You can read more information about permits here: http://utl.is/

So how can I get an Icelandic residence permit? Because when I read about the information it says you have to apply for I'd number first. And that takes about 7 days to do that, can that be possible with my Italian documents?

in order to live in Iceland you have to have a reason you need to live there. That can be you are studying at an Icelandic university, you have a job that sponsors your residency, or you are married to an Icelander. The job permit is a bit difficult to get since the company that hires you has to demonstrate that you are doing a job that an Icelander can't do. This means you usually have to have special skills, such as IT or healthcare.

As I said previously, your Italian residence permit doesn't mean anything in Iceland- you cannot move there on it and you will not be able to register for an Icelandic ID number until you have an Icelandic permit.

Note that you might have been reading information for the process EEA citizens go through to register in Iceland. If you had an Italian passport it would be a completely different process, but even then you have to have a reason to live in Iceland and means of financial support.

Oh yeah that's my common dream to study and live in Iceland. On a century there a lot country  but I choose to live and study in Iceland ,it always my dream to be there, I believe there will be a job to support my studies. Besides how much money do you need for your studying?

I recommend you read this page about requirements for the residence permit:
http://utl.is/index.php/en/school

here are the financial requirements:
http://utl.is/index.php/en/basic-requirements1

Thanks very much, that was terrific and I appreciate it very much..